Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 06:08 PM

Default 2 overs + FD in position 3 way

villain 1 is 25/8/.66 over 229
villain 2 is 38/8/.84 over 121

ive seen villain 1, despite his low agg factor, cbet alot this session and fold to raises.

does anyone like calling in this spot, or raise to isolate. given the raise do we like turn action.

this hand had my head spinning [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $74.80
MP: $184.25
CO: $97.20
Hero (BTN): $123
SB: $138.35
BB: $49.70

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $3.50</font>, CO calls $3.50, Hero calls $3.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($12) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $12</font>, CO calls $12, <font color="red">Hero raises to $60</font>, MP folds, CO calls $48

Turn: ($144) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $59.50 and is All-In</font>
Old 11-20-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: 2 overs + FD in position 3 way

I like to flat the flop, but with your read on the MP this isn't bad.. As played, I'd check it back and hope he has a draw or we hit our hand.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:13 PM

I think if your plan is to just shove any turn, you should be raising the flop smaller, imo.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to flat the flop, but with your read on the MP this isn't bad.. As played, I'd check it back and hope he has a draw or we hit our hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

hes got 33$ left after flop call. i think i have to call a river shove even if i miss getting 6:1
Old 11-20-2007, 06:23 PM

i don't know if villain is going to cont bet into 2 villains for PSB with that low of an AF ...although if you have a read i guess your play isn't too bad

but with AF that low and the fact that he potted it screams that he has a high PP i believe ... so i would just call flop ...
Old 11-20-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know if villain is going to cont bet into 2 villains for PSB with that low of an AF ...although if you have a read i guess your play isn't too bad

but with AF that low and the fact that he potted it screams that he has a high PP i believe ... so i would just call flop ...

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw pf raiser folded. only the cold call pf guy (villain 2) called the flop raise
Old 11-20-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw pf raiser folded. only the cold call pf guy (villain 2) called the flop raise

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhh sorry didn't see that ... well that changes things
Old 11-20-2007, 06:43 PM

I should stop posting at work. Raise less on the flop if you're going to raise. Since he only has $33 left, I guess you can shove.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I should stop posting at work. Raise less on the flop if you're going to raise. Since he only has $33 left, I guess you can shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

its psr. i do want FE here.

but with the cold call it makes it tough, is he ever folding on the turn? should i take the free card then fold the river getting 6 to 1? i mean 6:1 isnt gold but i do beat draws.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its psr. i do want FE here.

but with the cold call it makes it tough, is he ever folding on the turn? should i take the free card then fold the river getting 6 to 1? i mean 6:1 isnt gold but i do beat draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked the way the hand was played. this is a flop that begs to be C-betted. A pot size raise seems like the best thing to do to the pre-flop agressor's raise. Cant make it smaller, cuz you are focusing on the agressor at this point, and have to reasonable assume the short-stack would get all his money in if he was going to play. He chose not to, and left 33 behind. Either bad play, chasing(bad play), or has a monster and is trying to trap(bad play; should just shove and get you to pay him off). You dont really know what u want to hit. Saving the 33 dollars on the turn maybe is worthwhile if another blank hits the river. But the short-stack is likely to push the river with any missed draw here as well. I think you dont have any FE yourself, and just need to get the rest in on the turn.