[ QUOTE ]
rigged

[/ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

cannot beat stars.. can it ?
Old 07-01-2007, 03:36 AM

Default Re: ** Official July Chat Thread: The Black Swan **

I dunno, everyone says FT is most rigged.

My biggest pot lost in terms of BB's was at FTP.

I opened 66 from the CO, BB re-raised. BB had about 220BB and I had him covered. I called. Flop came K-6-3. He made a huge bet, much more than the pot. I put him on AA and raise obv. He shoved and I-snap call, expecting to see AA. Turn = A.

GG.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:43 AM

ouco uhco ouch
Old 07-01-2007, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno, everyone says FT is most rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

They do! I wonder why anyone plays there. Guess we are all conspiracy theorists at heart. Everytime my KK hits AA I think PS is rigged. I swear it seems like it happens far more than is statistically possible, but I know my sample size is far to teeny to be relevant.

Guess the FT being rigged thing is just part of 2+2 culture. This site is RICH with culture!
Old 07-01-2007, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to try for 250k hands this month

I'm pushing the limit

[/ QUOTE ]how many tables you play/how long per day? I can't imagine 8,065 hand/day.

I'm gonna try for 75k between full ring and 6-max.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's all about inspiring oneself

here is my daily mantra

Well, MT2R is not a thinker. MT2R is a driver. He is a do-er, and that's what you need to do. You don't need to think. You need to drive. You need speed. You need to go out there, and you need to rev your engine. You need to fire it up. You need to grab ahold of that line between speed and chaos, and you need to wrestle it to the ground like a demon cobra. And then, when the fear rises up in your belly, you use it. And you know that fear is powerful, because it has been there for billions of years. And it is good. And you use it. And you ride it; you ride it like a skeleton horse through the gates of hell, and then you win, MT2R. You WIN! And you don't win for anybody else. You win for you, you know why? Because a man takes what he wants. He takes it all. And you're a man, aren't you? Aren't you?
Old 07-01-2007, 05:03 AM

WTF!

I finished June losing to rivered quads. I start July losing to RIVERED QUADS too!!!!!!!

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP2 ($98.50)
Hero ($125)
Button ($18.40)
SB ($428.90)
BB ($80.35)
UTG ($163.15)
UTG+1 ($95.50)
MP1 ($67.10)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $3.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($13) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, SB folds, UTG calls $12.

Turn: ($45) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, UTG calls $25.

River: ($95) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $95

Results:
UTG has Th 8s (four of a kind, eights).
Hero has Ac Kc (flush, ace high).
Outcome: UTG wins $95.

BTW, villain was 90/15 after about 60 hands.....LOL
Old 07-01-2007, 05:09 AM

HAHA 5 minutes later the dreaded quads decide to make another appearance. Suck my [censored] quads, you ain't gettin my stack this time.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($140.85)
SB ($99.60)
BB ($98)
UTG ($113.10)
UTG+1 ($101.40)
MP1 ($96.15)
MP2 ($88.90)
CO ($94.50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $1, UTG+1 calls $1, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($4.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($4.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5, BB folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: $14.50

Results in white below:
UTG+1 has 8h 8s (four of a kind, eights).
Hero has Th 7h (straight, ten high).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins $14.50.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and i'll bite - what does this month's subtitle mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, much like Pynchon, I won't go ahead and state it. It's upto you the reader.

However, unlike Pynchon, I'll throw out some plausible things.

I could be talking about, as one reply noted, the beauty and grace of the swan and how it ties into our poker.

I could be referring to Nassim Nicholas Taleb's latest book that discusses the impact of the highly improbable.

I could be making light of the swans sexual and cohabitation tendencies, mainly how they will pair up into homosexual couples in heavily contested territories.

etc, etc, etc
Old 07-01-2007, 05:22 AM

i cant believe a year ago i was happy with being a silver star, i already have 1500 vpps this month
Old 07-01-2007, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it's all about inspiring oneself

here is my daily mantra

Well, MT2R is not a thinker. MT2R is a driver. He is a do-er, and that's what you need to do. You don't need to think. You need to drive. You need speed. You need to go out there, and you need to rev your engine. You need to fire it up. You need to grab ahold of that line between speed and chaos, and you need to wrestle it to the ground like a demon cobra. And then, when the fear rises up in your belly, you use it. And you know that fear is powerful, because it has been there for billions of years. And it is good. And you use it. And you ride it; you ride it like a skeleton horse through the gates of hell, and then you win, MT2R. You WIN! And you don't win for anybody else. You win for you, you know why? Because a man takes what he wants. He takes it all. And you're a man, aren't you? Aren't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] this! You may be able to turn it off, but you are clearly a thinker as much as a do-er...