Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

[ QUOTE ]

5) You can export your PT hand histories and import them into HM. You can't do this if you do not store hand histories in your PT Database because too much data / info would be missing for HM.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

Please allow importing directly from the PT database (handhistory table) so we don't have to go through the agonizing step of exporting HHs to files.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

5) You can export your PT hand histories and import them into HM. You can't do this if you do not store hand histories in your PT Database because too much data / info would be missing for HM.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

Please allow importing directly from the PT database (handhistory table) so we don't have to go through the agonizing step of exporting HHs to files.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be allowing direct import - should be there before beta launch.

rvg
Old 06-30-2007, 01:17 PM

Heres a question for you. So I have thousands of SNG's logged in my poker tracker database, but I never bother importing TS for them. So I am just a big loser as far as PT is concerned, but I really only use PT for data on other players. Now, Tourney Manager figures out where i finished from the HH's. When I import my database from PT to HM will it figure out where I finished and show my actual income from these?
Old 06-30-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Heres a question for you. So I have thousands of SNG's logged in my poker tracker database, but I never bother importing TS for them. So I am just a big loser as far as PT is concerned, but I really only use PT for data on other players. Now, Tourney Manager figures out where i finished from the HH's. When I import my database from PT to HM will it figure out where I finished and show my actual income from these?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, that would be a huge help for some of my old Pacific SNG HHs too. I used to have to work out ROI by hand and also worked out an equation get % of 1sts from the sum of chips gained and total SNGs played, but it would be great to be able see the rest of the stats.

No idea why PT doesn't do this anyway, as it's not that hard to detect where you busted and thus your place. I considered writing some code to make fake Pacific summaries, but wasn't sure what format PT expected them to be in.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here are some answers:

1) I probably won't be including any pot odd / ev stats in the HUD. If the sites don't have a problem with this then I might add it in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really I like this idea, even as someone who has a really bad brain for mental arithmetic.

[ QUOTE ]

2) The Replayer will have the ability to show you the HUD stats at the time of the hand however this might take some time to implement. Initially it will be overall stats for all players at the time of the replay not the time of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

But this would be very worthwhile.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:26 PM

@rvg72

If you like i can send you such a ongame database.

Showing current hand action and pot odds is a feature of PO, so I guess the sites didnt have a problem at least with these "simple" indications.

I think its becomes just problematical, if an extern tool gives you advices if you should fold/call/raise...

But another idea about ev stats:

Maybe you can add such things at least for the hand history replayer, so its easier to check how good my decisions were.
I think about including something like pokerstove into the replayer, so that i can easly make equity calculations based on the opponents ranges. As starting point for the opponets range the "calculator" can take just take the suitable stat and than giving me the opportunity to add or del specific hands if i have a better read what the opponent may holding.

But even if you dont implement something like this I looking forward to a replayer with the HUD stats directly on table :-)
Old 07-01-2007, 04:56 AM

Suggestion: if you have not done so already, please get in touch with the makers of IdleMiner. I use this program frequently for Full Tilt datamining. If I am to switch from PT to this new program then I would like for it to work together with IdleMiner.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Suggestion: if you have not done so already, please get in touch with the makers of IdleMiner. I use this program frequently for Full Tilt datamining. If I am to switch from PT to this new program then I would like for it to work together with IdleMiner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Idleminer simply saves HHS in the same format as the sites do - thus, no modification would be required for this.

(ie, if Holdem Manager can read the hand histories from the sites normally, it can read the idleminer handhistories)
Old 07-01-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Showdown luck

Here's a suggestion for you:

While players cannot control variance, they can usually get an idea as to whether they are running cold or hot by looking at the Showdowns Won%. This is far from perfect since if I only went to showdown with AA, and my SD won% is 60%, I'd actually be running cold and not hot, despite the clearly over 50% mark. Ideally, I'd like two things, if at all remotely possible:

1) have the program evaluate my actual confrontation chances, and compare this with the actual results, and tell me if I was in fact lucky or unlucky and by how much. This would be shown in both percentages (ex: I won 48.5% of the encounters, but should have expected 52.4%) and chips. For example, it wouldn't make a difference if it concluded I was lucky in most of my small confrontations, but lost 10 times that much in the fewer larger ones I lost. (leak?)

2) Include pot odds in the confrontation choices. While calling an allin while behind 45-55 might seem to be a mistake, if the pot is giving me 60-40 odds, it is a good deal. Ideally the program would factor this in while estimating if I'm running hot or cold.

I realize this is not easy to do, and even with an internal PokerStove-like tool might take some time (eons?), yet it would still be an interesting option I think.

Albert
Old 07-01-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Idleminer simply saves HHS in the same format as the sites do - thus, no modification would be required for this.

(ie, if Holdem Manager can read the hand histories from the sites normally, it can read the idleminer handhistories)

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a small bit of interaction between IdleMiner and PT.