Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 10:29 AM

Default Re: really awkward spot 700 BB\'s oop

his hand really looks like AK AQ, but i dont think we can rule out Kxdd. the one thing about this hand that makes reading him so hard is that is we assume that his has novice bet sizing skills, and so his preflop raise does not give us a lot of information about his hand. he verywell could have AA 99 77. i still think that AK AQ is by far the most reliable read.

assuming he has AK, we are about 35 65 to his hand one the turn, so we are getting even odds to flat call on the turn.

side note: as strong as we flopped, we could have played this hand for stacks on the flop, but since we have kept the pot small, i think the best line is to just call the turn. if he is as fishy as you describe, he never lays down a big ace here.

if we miss the river, we c/f. if we hit one of our 16 outs on the river, we make a 2/3 pot size bet and let him pay us off. if we hit, and he goes over the top.....hmmm, that is a player dependant read only made by someone who sitting at the table with the villian.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
really awkward spot 700 BB's oop

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
we could have played this hand for stacks on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

no
Old 10-10-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call, c/f unimproved. Bet 1500 on an 8 or T (fold to a raise with Ts up). Bet 3k on a flush. c/r a 9 for as much as you think you can get.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with everything but the check-raise part, a lot of players will check behind AK there on the river so I'd bet that too for w/e you think he can call. Rest looks good.

Kirk
Old 10-11-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Agree with everything but the check-raise part, a lot of players will check behind AK there on the river

[/ QUOTE ]
i think a river cr is super-sweet. an asian baccarat gambler who's been potting every street isn't checking behind ANY ace, let alone AK, when a harmless offsuit 9 falls on the river and the obvious flush draw misses.