Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 04:55 PM

Default Re: choose my action, deep multiway

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL at all the nits bitching about your pf play. You guys must be GREAT at deep stacked sh poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one said it was short handed, you jackass.

Having deep stacks is not a good reason to see a flop with trash hands, despite what many fish think.

You are probably GREAT at deep stack poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ the fish thinking his preflop play was great.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry, but you're just plain wrong about preflop, this is easily a good enough hand to be raising with preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to be sorry about disagreeing with me, and I have no problem with you stating your opinion.

I only ripped into that other guy because I hate when people make the "LOL at the people who say..." one or two sentence type posts. The guy is probably a penny ante player, and he hasn't taken the time to make a real contribution to this thread, so we can do without that BS.

[ QUOTE ]

You sound very sure of yourself in your epic post, where you're mostly wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds more than a little hypocritical.

I would guess that most of us sound pretty sure of ourselves
when we give our opinion (your qoute above is exhibit A).

[ QUOTE ]

Flop check is standard here, you can bet it some of the time but 3-way this is a check something like 75-80% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are gonna check this flop, then I dislike the preflop play even more, as I mentioned in my epic post.

I don't think the preflop play is so horrible that anyone who plays this way is a fish, and I already stated that I know most players are going to disagree with me when I said it was a fold after being repopped. I don't consider it a huge leak, but I think it is bad.

I understand your points, and you understand mine and we still disagree so we can leave it at that.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL at all the nits bitching about your pf play. You guys must be GREAT at deep stacked sh poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having deep stacks is not a good reason to see a flop with trash hands, despite what many fish think.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm surprised that there's even a tiny bit of controversy about his preflop action. playing it any other way would be a big mistake.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No good player is ever taking that line on that board.

I'm sorry but this is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

So come up with a situation where checking the flop is the best play with AAKhXh on that board. Generally the EV of bloating the pot with a huge hand far outweighs the EV of slowplaying and letting your opponents catch a second best hand they would've folded the flop with. I would much rather get two PSB's and a value bet in on the river then check the flop and maybe get the same two PSB's in and nothing more. There are certainly HU situations where I'd slowplay a huge made hand with a redraw but this isn't HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not debating that it would be best to get money in on the flop. That's obvious.

But if I feel like I disguise my hand and potentially increase my EV, especially against aggressive players, or if I feel like a bet wont get called, I'd let a card peel.

I would normally bet that flop with that hand though, but to say it's bad to never check that flop, that's silly.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm surprised that there's even a tiny bit of controversy about his preflop action. playing it any other way would be a big mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, A256 is not a hand you want to see a flop with in a reraised pot preflop. You're immediately playing the hand post flop to hit a 34x or 22x, 55x or 66x board.
If you hit an ace you have absolutely no kicker whatsoever so you're praying for 2 pair and all of your opponents to miss their higher 2 pair draws.
It's one of those hands that looks good, but just isn't. It loses a lot of value in multiway pots due to making too many non nut straights, non nut flushes and non nut full houses.

It can probably be played profitably with position by good players, but then that applies to any 4 cards usually.

However telling readers of this forum that it is a good hand is just unacceptable, as most play in games where this reraise from middle position puts A256 in a lot of problems.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:53 PM

Of course you don't WANT to see a flop in a reraised pot pre flop with it, but sometimes that's just kind of what happens.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree, A256 is not a hand you want to see a flop with in a reraised pot preflop. You're immediately playing the hand post flop to hit a 34x or 22x, 55x or 66x board.
If you hit an ace you have absolutely no kicker whatsoever so you're praying for 2 pair and all of your opponents to miss their higher 2 pair draws.
It's one of those hands that looks good, but just isn't. It loses a lot of value in multiway pots due to making too many non nut straights, non nut flushes and non nut full houses.

It can probably be played profitably with position by good players, but then that applies to any 4 cards usually.

However telling readers of this forum that it is a good hand is just unacceptable, as most play in games where this reraise from middle position puts A256 in a lot of problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was trying to say.

I would also like to add that on the flop you have the worst possible position relative to the preflop raiser, who can be expected to initiate the action.

Of course if the guy is the type of clown who checks an AK3 flop after limp reraising, then I guess this point doesn't apply. He should definitely be firing no matter how badly he missed. That's a very good flop for him to take it down right there.

Finally, I don't think you should be playing it preflop like this if your standard line is to check behind when both players have checked to you on this flop.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, QFT, QFT, QFT, QFT
Old 09-14-2007, 08:39 PM

I would have raised pre-flop with such a great hand, bet a tiny bit on flop, called on the turn. dunno what i would do on the river
Old 09-14-2007, 08:45 PM

<font color="green">I don't want to lock this thread because I think it's a good thread. But it is getting out of hand. I think I had better stop it here.

I've deleted the material in this post and also the two replies to it.

Sorry.

I'll let it run for a while, and we'll see what happens. Hopefully some solid strategy stuff and hold down the trash talk.

Buzz</font>