Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Re: I need some help ASAP, identity fraud.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly do you really need $15K in your checking account?

I hope you get your money back but it is a good idea to keep your large sums of money in a savings accounts so that there is no way to withdraw it without a pin number and just use online banking to transfer money to your checking as you need it.

For example I try to not keep more than $1,000 in my checking.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL poor people. Keeping $15k in a checking account isn't that unusual.

[/ QUOTE ]

My monthly expenses usually run between $3500 and $5000. So I dont see any problem with keeping $15,000 in my checking account. And with that said, I think it's bad practice to keep money in low interest savings accounts. Last time I went to put money away for a short amount of time Chase gave 5% on any amount over %10,000 for 12 months in CD's.

To update this thread some more, I talked with the company again today and while I feel that their representative is a good guy, he couldn't offer a timeline or a guarantee on when they would settle this matter, but he hoped it would be early next week.

The only thing I'm unsure of, and something I'd like advice on, is what to do for damages etc. I'm sure my attorney will advise me on Monday, but I dont want to get involved in something stupid or blown out of proportion, i.e., seeking $100,000 in damages, but I do want compensation for my time, loss of sleep, and the fact that this situation shutdown my business for two days this week and I'm not even halfway through all the precautions and security measures that I have to take on top of being extremely diligent about my day to day financial activities (i.e. monitioring accounts) everyday from now on. How do you put a price tag on this [censored]?