Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2006, 07:51 PM

Default Re: FT Sweat: Stars $20r

It was good entertainment. Made up for busting out 230th in the huge 3.30 rebuy that was running at the same time [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2006, 08:03 PM

I need to speed up and get to 1000 posts so I can make a "my bankroll is XXXX" and then proceed to win that amount.

Nicely done Soulman.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:59 AM

I didn't want to mention this last night in the first flush of victory, but as someone who has never done a deal (and never been offered one) I'm interested as to why you should have taken it. In your shoes, I'd have played on for sure. In his, I'd have considered it.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't want to mention this last night in the first flush of victory, but as someone who has never done a deal (and never been offered one) I'm interested as to why you should have taken it. In your shoes, I'd have played on for sure. In his, I'd have considered it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, originally I didn't plan on dealing. Then when it got down to it, my stack was 600k vs his 2.2k or so. I just didn't feel like getting 2nd here, being that this score was so huge for me. It was rather wimpy of me, but I was pretty exhausted and wasn't in the right place mentally. Course, playing that short wouldn't have been too hard, and I do think I would have had a decent chance.

I think it's an evolution thing. Now when I'm heads-up/down to 3 in smaller MTTs, I won't even consider dealing, I'm not nervous at all. Hopefully it will be the same for these down the road [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2006, 07:34 AM

Yeah, I was just interested. I think you got a good deal and I was impressed that you didn't talk deal until the end.

I've always wondered about this because I've only ever FT-ed one MTT on Stars and no one suggested a deal. On that occasion, my opponent was the better player but I'm pretty good heads up closing out. My feeling is I'd always say no but I'm not sure at this prize level.

On this occasion, he was dying to deal, IMO, and for him the choice is $9k or $5k (more or less, and certainly psychologically) whereas for you it was $7k or $5k so I think this gives you an edge.

I'm also not sure how having railbirds would affect my decision-making here. I think I'd be much more courteous and decent about the whole thing in that case, which probably isn't +$ev. I rarely chat but I think here I would have pushed in twice, then demanded a split, and then typed "$4k coinflips are good for me - gl"

Anyway, when I get this big a score on a site that does deals, I'll get back to you! Very well done again.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I was just interested. I think you got a good deal and I was impressed that you didn't talk deal until the end.

I've always wondered about this because I've only ever FT-ed one MTT on Stars and no one suggested a deal. On that occasion, my opponent was the better player but I'm pretty good heads up closing out. My feeling is I'd always say no but I'm not sure at this prize level.

On this occasion, he was dying to deal, IMO, and for him the choice is $9k or $5k (more or less, and certainly psychologically) whereas for you it was $7k or $5k so I think this gives you an edge.

I'm also not sure how having railbirds would affect my decision-making here. I think I'd be much more courteous and decent about the whole thing in that case, which probably isn't +$ev. I rarely chat but I think here I would have pushed in twice, then demanded a split, and then typed "$4k coinflips are good for me - gl"

Anyway, when I get this big a score on a site that does deals, I'll get back to you! Very well done again.

[/ QUOTE ]

how long did the tourney last? b/c sometimes its +EV to take a deal for the simple fact that its nearly impossible to play optimally after 6-10+ hrs of play on top of the excitement of winning so much money.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:30 AM

futuredoc,

we were heads-up after around 7 hours. Wasn't really tired, but mentally worn out after winning another MTT earlier and a rollercoaster-ish FT.

registrar,
I do agree that he was dying for a split. Guess it all stemmed from the fact that I lost a big pot to him just before we went to heads-up, which I misplayed _badly_. Kinda psyched me out. Otherwise, I think I would have played it out (or only taken a massively +EV deal). Any deal before heads-up was out of the question, not worth it.