Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 02:26 PM

Default overrepresenting my hand, commitment thresholds

live 1/2, typical table. I'm more interested in theory here, so even though I have pretty good reads, I wont post them.

Most of the table is $300 deep (its analogous to 100bb because PFRs run big). Several limps to me in late position, I make it $15 (standard) with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Button calls, blind calls, two limpers call.

Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], the pot is $80 and far too big for my hand.

EP leads $10, MP calls $10. Button is left to act, and has $500 (I cover). the others have about $300.

WTF do I do here? Pot control can destroy my hand because about every single card in the deck is going to make one of 4 players two pair or a flush or trips or who knows what. Raising gets way too much money in with a weak hand in a multiway pot, with deep enough stacks that I really dont want to put any more money in, which may not be possible.

* I raise smallish, $75 total. I don't feel comfortable doing this because it means I'm representing AA which is stronger than I have. This seems intuitively bad to me but I'm not really sure why it matters here.

what is my turn 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] plan if one person calls (pot $230)? two people call (pot $315? if I don't get a blank I'm obviously folding. a 5 is probably a blank (I'd me willing to put some more money in), a J is not a blank.

* I call the flop $10, and LP calls. What is my turn plan on a 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and it checks to me? If I check and LP bets $80 into $120? if he checks and we see the river 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?
Old 08-24-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: overrepresenting my hand, commitment thresholds

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] full ring
Old 08-24-2007, 02:38 PM

bump, eagerly awaiting thoughts
Old 08-24-2007, 02:44 PM

christ please raise the flop. these guys are awful and if you really feel like you are beat, u can still get away from it pretty easy.

if the turn is an offsuit ducket, im willing to get it AI at these levels.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
christ please raise the flop. these guys are awful and if you really feel like you are beat, u can still get away from it pretty easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh I used to think like you when i originally moved down from msnl, i learned a 10 buyin lesson
Old 08-24-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

heh I used to think like you when i originally moved down from msnl, i learned a 10 buyin lesson

[/ QUOTE ]

k keep looking for a stake if u wont raise this flop with TPTK in a god damned 1/2NL LIVE GAME.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:02 PM

when you say u moved down from msnl and learned a 10 bi lesson was this online? if so its completely different and in most 1/2 live games I'm willing to get it in on the flop and definitely on a blank turn. prob not vs. the $500 stack tho. also you say u have reads but don't post them? they're kinda important
Old 08-24-2007, 03:03 PM

ok and i told u there is no 2 ways to go about this hand really unless you want to just fold it almost always. You then went and said 'HAHA YOU SUCK'.

If you want to get into theory about overrepping and hand and committing yourself to a pot, you picked a [censored] hand to do it with.

If you actually HAVE a comment more than, HAHA YOU SUCK, and think that I am thinking about this stupidly instead of waiting to raise a blank turn, (all of like, 18 cards) than go ahead and make it. Im pretty sure i already understand it, but go ahead.

and dont make theory posts if you dont want to put in your thoughts when you feel somebody is wrong.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:05 PM

pop it to $70 fold to a push if you're worried? wtf are you thinking have you seriously played in a live 1/2 game before
Old 08-24-2007, 03:21 PM

gimme, I don't think you suck.
partysover, I've booked hundreds of hours playing NL live at several stakes.

to everyone who says raise,

[ QUOTE ]
* I raise smallish, $75 total. ... what is my turn 2 plan if one person calls (pot $230)? two people call (pot $315)? if I don't get a blank I'm obviously folding. a 5 is probably a blank (I'd me willing to put some more money in), a J is not a blank.

[/ QUOTE ]