Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Live 5/10 Hand -- JJ

what in the world do you guys think this guy is LRR? if he thinks on one level, he's probably only seen AA and KK LRR. if he thinks he has aggro players behind him, or he's been getting isolated alot(or the table's tight) he may LRR a big hand. that's what it seems like to me, anyhoo.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what in the world do you guys think this guy is LRR? if he thinks on one level, he's probably only seen AA and KK LRR. if he thinks he has aggro players behind him, or he's been getting isolated alot(or the table's tight) he may LRR a big hand. that's what it seems like to me, anyhoo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well people don't seem to think this hand is interesting, so maybe I was just being influenced by the results, and maybe those are the best part of the hand....

My friend decided to push the rest of his money on the turn (his decision was partly based on intangibles like the way the guys was smiling, etc) Anyway dude calls. River blanks off. My friend shows his JJ and the guy tosses his cards in the muck and stomps off from the table.

He was pretty sure the guy had a smaller PP and decided to stubbornly put him on AK.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
marchron,

this is a nice clarification of the problem in a way, but it doesn't make it any less tough imo. we still have to weigh the chance that he IS indeed thinking on higher level than his previous play would indicate, or is simply chancing his way into a good play because he is confused. what does the dark bet mean in his case? adding up the intangibles to a number is not easy.

and there's more i forgot to post in the OP. apparently while my buddy was verbally debating if he should call the turn, this guy was smiling and talking. he said, "listen, i got you , but i want you to call" or something to that effect.

[/ QUOTE ]
The darkbet had already led me in this direction, but with that speech, Caro's First Law (strong equals weak) makes this an insta-call for me. It's a tougher proposition if this goes down on the flop instead of the turn, but getting 4-1 makes this ridiculously easy.