Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 01:23 AM

Default KK - Anything Different?

Table is typical Stars. Button is kind of loose, but not stupid. MP1 just sat down.

I'm pretty sure I have to 3bet this flop, right? Pot's just too big. My thought at the time was to bet a non-diamond turn, which was obviously blown away.

Any way to play differently and protect?

PokerStars $0.50/$1.00 Limit Hold'em - 10 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (11.00 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#FF0000">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">MP1 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">MP1 bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
Old 11-25-2007, 01:28 AM

Default Re: KK - Anything Different?

You're right about 3-betting the flop; if it was HU back to you, you can pull the wait-and-see the turn, but with the extra player padding the pot, make your move now.

Also, if you don't trey the flop you should be planning to c/r ANY turn card...the diamond is great for you as it gives you 9 extra outs against [censored] 2pr/set holdings by Villan(s).
Old 11-25-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, if you don't trey the flop you should be planning to c/r ANY turn card...the diamond is great for you as it gives you 9 extra outs against [censored] 2pr/set holdings by Villan(s).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. No fear of caller having the naked A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?
Old 11-25-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks. No fear of caller having the naked A ?

[/ QUOTE ]

fearing being up against a made flush or similar bigger hand than yours AND the flutnush draw is seeing monsters under teh bed. of course he COULD have the Ad or he could have a Qd or Jd and/or some lesser made had that just wants to get to SD or the river. fearing one card in the deck isnt postive poker and can lead to passive play like what we see in this hand.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:16 AM

I'd 3bet the flop. The rest looks good. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2007, 04:55 AM

* g *

3-bet the flop and lead any turn. Waiting to turn doesn't help in protecting your hand because it's too big anyway.

Your only hope of doing that would be if you lead turn and MP1 raises facing Button with 11.5:2 which would make it a mistake to call with gutshots or bottom pair hands and the like. However, you can't trust unknown MP1 to raise it and if he did it chances are you'd be behind anyway.

A C/r plan doesn't look as the most likely turn bettor is to your immediate left and the most likely draw is between you and him -&gt; you can't face the draw with two bets by going for a c/r

At least Button looks like he is on a draw. MP1 is most likely betting some sort of made hand that is weaker than yours. Your BDFD helps too in giving you a redraw is the flush completes on the turn. So all hands to pumping value. 3-bet, like you said.

On the turn, I like the check to see what happens, planning to call a Button raise drawing to the flush. Now that the Button only calls makes me wonder if we could still be ahead MP1 and Button also. C/r for value? I don't hate the call even if it feels a bit weak.

As played, I think same applies as on the turn. Button didn't complete his draw so maybe we still beat MP1. So when it is HU back I'm tempted to raise. But call is fine too.

However, b/c would work for me on the river as well. I'm still not convinced MP1 has a better hand than us because we have underrepresented our hand. If we donk, he probably doesn't raise although I don't think our donk looks like the backdoor straight either.