Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Re: iPhone vs iPod Touch: What say you EDF?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested in getting an iTouch, but might just get an iPhone if I can use it on other networks. I'm really interested in seeing what Google's phone is like first though.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure they have no intention of making a phone and this is a rumor...sad. If they do though, it's probably 1/2 a year or more away.

[/ QUOTE ]
At this point I'd be surprised if they didn't. It might be VOIP, but Google could be a huge player in the communication market in the coming years if they get that chunk of the 700 MHz spectrum.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:15 PM

just picked up an iphone today because the price dropped $200. makes my blackjack look like the biggest POS eva. have to say, its one of the coolest gadgets i've ever had, been playing with it all day. don't know if its worth switching networks, but if you have att, i recommend treating yourself to one
Old 09-07-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a PDA phone that I use for work and I hate it. It is too bulky to carry around all the time, and I'm getting a little phone for regular use. The iPhone is very unappealing to me mainly because of size (plus my work apps won't work, so I'd have two giant phones).

I'm still using my old 15gb iPod, which I generally leave in the car. If the Touch had more memory, I'd get one in a second. I haven't bought a new iPod in years (my iPod is the 3G, no video). Only 16gb of memory is far too little. I wish my iPod was bigger as it is, and video would be a disaster.

So, I think its no sale for me at the iPod store this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you haven't seen one in person you should try and find a store near you. It is probably half as thick as your old iPod and fits well in your hand, although most of the calling I do on it I do with the headphones on. They are much smaller than the Treo type smart phones. I generally carry mine in my shirt pocket or pants pocket with no problems.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a PDA phone that I use for work and I hate it. It is too bulky to carry around all the time, and I'm getting a little phone for regular use. The iPhone is very unappealing to me mainly because of size (plus my work apps won't work, so I'd have two giant phones).

I'm still using my old 15gb iPod, which I generally leave in the car. If the Touch had more memory, I'd get one in a second. I haven't bought a new iPod in years (my iPod is the 3G, no video). Only 16gb of memory is far too little. I wish my iPod was bigger as it is, and video would be a disaster.

So, I think its no sale for me at the iPod store this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you haven't seen one in person you should try and find a store near you. It is probably half as thick as your old iPod and fits well in your hand, although most of the calling I do on it I do with the headphones on. They are much smaller than the Treo type smart phones. I generally carry mine in my shirt pocket or pants pocket with no problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would definitely want to buy one if I could buy it unlocked. I like the coverage Verizon offers me way too much.

BTW, looks like the Bluetooth rumor was just that, a rumor.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:40 PM

The iPhone won't work on Verizon even if you unlock it. Verizon uses a CDMA network, and the iPhone is GSM. Your only other alternative cell carrier is T-Mobile for the iPhone.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:05 AM

Few words to live by:
Second Party Apps

Apple isnt allowing it on the ipone or itouch, Helio will and will take them over
Old 09-08-2007, 02:29 AM

I know, but there are smaller providers that use GSM, not to mention using prepaid sim cards. Also it would give me a good option for when I'm overseas.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Few words to live by:
Second Party Apps

Apple isnt allowing it on the ipone or itouch, Helio will and will take them over

[/ QUOTE ]

Wholio?

There are second party apps available for the iPhone created by a very active hacking community. I don't know if they are at the one click install stage yet or not, but it won't be long until they are.

Seriously, Helio? lol
Old 09-08-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Few words to live by:
Second Party Apps

[/ QUOTE ]

There are second party apps available for the iPhone created by a very active hacking community. I don't know if they are at the one click install stage yet or not, but it won't be long until they are.
lol

[/ QUOTE ]

They're already to the point where there are multiple open source one click package management libraries for the iPhone. Installer.app is super easy to use.

The hacking market is already do big that iphonesimfree.com, the company that has been selling unlocked iPhones and will be releasing their one-click unlock software on Monday, was apparently acquired by and unknown party yesterday.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is by far the most retarded statement in this thread.