Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-27-2007, 11:49 AM

Default NL10 - QJs big draw on flop

$0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
5 players
Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
UTG (<font color="#0000cc">$9.70</font>)
CO (<font color="#0000cc">$7.68</font>)
BTN (<font color="#0000cc">$12.18</font>)
SB (<font color="#0000cc">$10.17</font>)
BB (<font color="#0000cc">$9.63</font>)

BTN has Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $0.3</font>, <font color="#777777">1 fold</font>, BTN calls $0.3, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $0.85</font>, <font color="#777777">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $0.55, BTN calls $0.55

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($2.65, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $0.5</font>, BTN ??

What does BTN do? Do you call/raise and why?
If you raise, do you call a push?
(No reads/stats yet)
Old 11-27-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Re: NL10 - QJs big draw on flop

fold preflop to the reraise

I would just call, its a small bet and hes letting you see the turn card cheap.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:58 AM

I'm getting around 4:1 PF, fold?

What if the SB reraises him and the IR calls?
Old 11-27-2007, 12:03 PM

Yes, fold. Even though you are getting good odds you arent going to hit a hand that will pay you off enough to compensate for the amount of times you flop a q or a j and stack off vs. an overpair, AQ, etc.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:44 PM

Fold preflop, as you are likely to be dominated.

I don't know SB 3b range with 2 players in already, guess that's kinda important to know, if you want to play hand. I think if you raise the flop, you are prolly gonna be faced with a push, and with that A on the flop wich is likely to have hit someone, and the possibility of one of them having TT, JJ, QQ and KK, I don't think you can play your draw here profitably.

On the other hand, if you flatcall his flop bet, SB is acting behind you, and he showed preflop he does not care to 3b with a raise and call in front of him, so he is very capable of c/r.

Folding seems to be a bit weakish...

So this is a fold preflop, as played I'm not really sure how to play the flop. Maybe some more experienced players know....
Old 11-27-2007, 12:48 PM

Preflop is fine, its pretty thin but I dont think its terrible. On the flop, I raise and get all in in whatever way possible, you are ahead of every ace except AK in which you have 43% equity, more than compensated for by the bloated pot. If your opponent has a PP lower than JJ you are massive with 15 outs and are an equity favourite. You called preflop to hit this exact board, so get your money in.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:02 PM

I wouldn't put your opponents on TT+ AQ+ since its NL5.The flop bet from UTG is so smallish, raise it up to 2.5 or so.Obviously call a shove and if you get called and the turn is a blank you can take the free card.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:26 PM

I raise the flop for FE and call a push as you have will prob have great odds to draw to you fd +gutshot.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is fine, its pretty thin but I dont think its terrible. On the flop, I raise and get all in in whatever way possible, you are ahead of every ace except AK in which you have 43% equity, more than compensated for by the bloated pot. If your opponent has a PP lower than JJ you are massive with 15 outs and are an equity favourite. You called preflop to hit this exact board, so get your money in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling the 3 bet is really bad. at this level people arent likely to 3bet you light, and you tend to get in a lot of really marginal situations, for example a q 8 2 flop, that you would be better off avoiding imo.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling the 3 bet is really bad. at this level people arent likely to 3bet you light, and you tend to get in a lot of really marginal situations, for example a q 8 2 flop, that you would be better off avoiding imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing QJs is more about flopping huge hands than playing a marginal TP. According to the 5-10 rule, the call was right as the raise was less than 10% of the effective stack, and got even better because the flop is 3-way and Hero is in position.