Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 12:10 AM

Default JJ LOL DONKAMENTS?

I don't really play tournaments but decided to play the 50+5 6max donkament on stars.

Villian is a 36.2/23.4/3
Very very very active on the FT bubble.

Poker Stars, $50 + $5 NL Hold'em Tournament, 500/1,000 Blinds, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: 18,900
BB: 75,171
UTG: 3,817
MP: 47,780
Hero (CO): 21,154
BTN: 25,178

Pre-Flop: (2,100) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to 2,750</font>, 2 folds, BB calls 1,750

Flop: (6,600) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets 3,333</font>, BB calls 3,333

Turn: (13,266) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: (13,266) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets 43,000</font>

How bad is my turn check?
How bad is a river fold?
How bad is a river call?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:15 AM

Default Re: JJ LOL DONKAMENTS?

I absolutely hate this spot. I really can't see a hand that you can beat here... I can't make the river call... but i'm such a tight ass... check on turn isn't bad imo. I'd fold.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:20 AM

I know I'm being a nit, but I raise to 2.5k pf. I check the flop hoping to keep the pot small and prey for a cheap showdown as you're at a difficult chip position. Also you give villain a chance to bluff on the turn with position. If you think villain will call your flop bet with hands you beat, then bet the flop with the intention of check/calling anything, if you can't call an all in then don't bet the flop. As played I check the turn. The river is tough, if villain is a thinking player he knows you're pot stuck and has at worst trips. I fold the river, I think he's got you beat here almost all the time. Were there any antes? If so I shove pf.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know I'm being a nit, but I raise to 2.5k pf. I check the flop hoping to keep the pot small and prey for a cheap showdown as you're at a difficult chip position. Also you give villain a chance to bluff on the turn with position. If you think villain will call your flop bet with hands you beat, then bet the flop with the intention of check/calling anything, if you can't call an all in then don't bet the flop. As played I check the turn. The river is tough, if villain is a thinking player he knows you're pot stuck and has at worst trips. I fold the river, I think he's got you beat here almost all the time. Were there any antes? If so I shove pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

level?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:33 AM

Call river. I don't think he flats many Aces PF with those stats and I think his range on the river has a ton of stuff you beat (77-TT, bluffs)
Old 11-09-2007, 12:38 AM

This is tough because your turn check makes it so easy for him to bluff the river. And for that reason I call.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

level?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope a serious post, hope it made sense. I don't write as well as I think. Here's my thinking if you bet the flop it's going in vs this type of villain. It really depends on your read. Also if there is an ante you probably have an M around 10 then I just ship it pf. I personally check the flop as bad players will call with Ax (I don't know if this is a bad player). If you bet, what worse hands call? If this villain is capable of calling your bet with middle and small pps, suited big cards then you're going to call on the river and I like your flop bet. If villain will fold his smaller pps and suited big cards then check to induce a bluff on the turn.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:45 AM

We only need 34% equity to break even. Pretty easy call IMO.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:58 AM

you're really calling this sherman? I think it looks like he has an ace, considers trips the nuts, and wanted to crai the turn. I don't see us being ahead 2/3 of the time, I'd drop it.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:05 AM

Remember guys, villain's river bet is really only a PSB because of hero's stack size, so we're getting 2:1. I'm also in the camp that likes a check on the flop. Given villain's image, the fact that we practically begged him to try to take the pot from us, and the pot odds, I think the river is a mandatory call. I mean we bet pretty weak on the flop (I like the bet size for this board, but it still looks weak) then checked behind on the turn, our line looks like absolutely nothing. Anyway, I can't fold here.