Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 11-01-2007, 10:04 AM

Default Re: WPT Niagara, Last hand before the break...

how can he have a better hand then a flush
Old 11-01-2007, 11:25 AM

If you're not going to risk busting or doubling up on a strong hand like this one, exactly what kind of hands are you willing to do this with?
Old 11-01-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how can he have a better hand then a flush

[/ QUOTE ]

Board paired, set becomes a boat on the turn
Old 11-01-2007, 02:12 PM

After having read a lot of the replies, I have to say that his fold isn't that bad. I really don't think the villain shoves a ten for value on this river. Maybe AT, but I think that JT will check behind on the river given that you called the large turn bet. If you called it with AA and have the Ace of spades, he probably knows you will fold this river.

IMO, this is a full house or smaller flush. At this stage of the tournament I think it gets check on the river unless he has a big flush like a King high or Queen high flush.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After having read a lot of the replies, I have to say that his fold isn't that bad. I really don't think the villain shoves a ten for value on this river. Maybe AT, but I think that JT will check behind on the river given that you called the large turn bet. If you called it with AA and have the Ace of spades, he probably knows you will fold this river.

IMO, this is a full house or smaller flush. At this stage of the tournament I think it gets check on the river unless he has a big flush like a King high or Queen high flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? And yes folding this river is absolutely criminal.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:38 PM

Yes, the player was young semi-loose and aggressive, but he was picking on the bad players at the table, and I think he recognized that I am decent, and he wasn't going to treat me like a bad player.

Everyone in this thread is saying its such a bad laydown, but at the time it felt like I was beat. Even after all these replies from respected player, I still have a feeling I was beat. Mainly because I think he raises the flop with any flush, and he doesn't value shove trip tens.

I think my mistake was on the turn. I felt I was beat on the turn, but I also thought there was a chance he could have trips. His bet size confused me.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:46 PM

I think the hand does point to the importance of RELATIVE hand strengths and reads. Is the nut flush against a possible boat on a paired board much different then AA against a possible set on a dry board?

I'm not saying you should have folded here, but I do think the hand raises the significant, important point that your hand value is always dependent upon its relative strength to the other hands you are up against.