Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: do you think this internet bill will be effective?
yes 32 29.09%
no 51 46.36%
maybe but not sure 27 24.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Re: *****The Official 2007 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS THREAD******

[ QUOTE ]
but I like that the FO is not stepping down on their demands (although 6 years isn't really fair to Revis, but that's a different issue).

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not a top 5 pick. He's the 14th pick. Just get him into camp. PLaying hardball is for teams who can afford it. We need help.

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently Darian Barnes has been a monster in camp and I'm looking forward to him crushing people. [/quote}

agreed, brother, agreed.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he is our QB of the future, but it's too early to tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way too early. Chad sucked for 3 years in preseason/slop time too.

[ QUOTE ]
I also don't think we can win a SB with Chad, but I'm liking how our defense is shaping up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chad can do anything.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:21 AM

i predict 16-0.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:32 AM

I like what I see from Alvin Banks, did the Jets cut Hollings yet? Banks is different from Leon and TJ, so I would think that he would be the 3rd man, since Cedric has quit.
D-Line will probably start as D-Rob, Ellis and Kenyon, but I really hate D-Rob as the nose. He's a talented DT but we need to get rid of him and his contract, he's not right for the system and his strengths aren't properly utilized. That said, I'd rather have him there over Pouha or whoever.
I like the O-Line, but I hate Clement, he really needs to go.
LB's are fine, but maybe after this year we can get something REALLY nice for Jon Vilma. Some of you may hate the idea of trading Vilma but his impact on the game is a lot less in the 3-4. When Donnie was our DC and ran the Tampa cover 2 he was amazing, but our LB corps is way too deep so I would think he is somewhat expendable.
Secondary is standard Jets, will probably get burned again this year. Miller is terrible, and I hope he doesn't start. Barrett is clueless out there too, but Dyson plays pretty well. <3333 Kerry Rhodes. Hopefully Revis can get to camp soon.
No problems with WR's, Penny and Coles have a good rapport and Cotch has been amazing. Word is that J-Mac looks good too, and Smith brings a new element to our offense, and reports say he might be our #2 QB this year lol.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:50 AM

Degen,

I think the O-Line is a big problem for us this season. Clement shouldn't be a worry at all, IMO. Kendall will either be cut or traded before week 1. That means we are going to go with a completely untested 3rd year player at LG, Adrian Clarke.

So at tackle we will have: DBrick, Clement, Jones, Bender.
At center we will have: Mangold, Wade Smith.
At guard we will have: Moore, Clarke, ?.

There is no depth at guard at all. Not to mention both of our starting guards probably aren't even starting caliber.

I'm scared right now of our O-Line.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:28 AM

Most of your comments about Vilma DRob etc are last year type comments. Thing is, these guys have had more time in the system and let's see how they respond/play. Sure they haven't yet fit the system. But give them time....
Old 08-10-2007, 11:32 AM

Ya, sadly moving up to nab Revis and Harris cost us filling out our oline depth in the draft. Sucks. I do like gambling on guys we thought would fit/start. Our line seems to be the price.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of your comments about Vilma DRob etc are last year type comments. Thing is, these guys have had more time in the system and let's see how they respond/play. Sure they haven't yet fit the system. But give them time....

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, but we as Jets fans know the strengths of these players.
Vilma is at his best when he can roam around and run sideline-to-sideline. In the 3-4 he is generally confined to one space and has to take on O-Lineman. And at 230 lbs, he pretty much has no shot.
D-Rob is quick, and if he plays anything in the 3-4 it should be DE. We need a fatass run stuffer like a Jamal Williams to play the nose, and D-Rob is not that.

As far as the O-Line, if Kendall is gone, Mangold will be the only one I trust on the line, and that is terrible. However reports out of camp say that Adrien Clarke has been looking good. I think Brick got abused by every RE in the league last year.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:52 PM

happy to see this thread kicked off...i wanna say the jets will take a step forward this year, but with that schedule and the negative vibes already, i'm not too optimistic...

wth are they doing with kendall already?? he gets paid like garbage and i don't even know if he's looking for a long term thing, just wants to be compensated a bit...while i would say the jets might have a point, the fact that revis is also holding out says something about management...
Old 08-10-2007, 08:41 PM

The fact that Kendall is still on the team, has taken reps with the first unit now and then, just makes me feel like they want to keep kendall around. He didnt start the preseason game today but was in there on the 2nd series. Every day that he doesnt get cut i feel more and more like hes staying.

And also wtf with 12 straight runs in the preseason game? I wanted to see pennington throw a few at least. what a tease
Old 08-10-2007, 10:29 PM

^^what's this talk about him getting cut?? no way do the jets ever think of that imo