Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: do you think this internet bill will be effective?
yes 32 29.09%
no 51 46.36%
maybe but not sure 27 24.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Kendall traded...

4th New York at 5:55

1st and 10 at NYJ 23 Curtis Martin (NYJ) rushed up the middle for 5 yards. 17 17
2nd and 5 at NYJ 28 Chad Pennington (NYJ) pass right side complete to Justin McCareins (NYJ) for 22 yards.
1st and 10 at PIT 50 Jerricho Cotchery (NYJ) rushed left side for no gain.
2nd and 10 at PIT 50 Chad Pennington (NYJ) pass right side complete to Curtis Martin (NYJ) for 17 yards.
1st and 10 at PIT 33 Curtis Martin (NYJ) rushed up the middle for 4 yards.
2nd and 6 at PIT 29 LaMont Jordan (NYJ) rushed up the middle for 1 yard.
3rd and 5 at PIT 28 Pittsburgh timeout; 02:07 remaining 4th quarter
3rd and 5 at PIT 28 Chad Pennington (NYJ) pass incomplete across the middle.
4th and 5 at PIT 28 47 yard field goal by Doug Brien (NYJ) is no good.

Terrible!

Also note that Pitt D that year was #1 in the NFL in both yards and points allowed. Not sure why you consider 21 for 33 with an Int to be terrible.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Interesting that you guys think your OL sucks...shouldn't last year's rookies be better or have they just looked like crap in the pre-season?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course Dbrick and Mangold will improve. That's not the area of weakness. We should have two solid offensive lineman for years with those two guys. What we are worried about is Left Guard where we have a rookie 6th round pick starting. And our right side in Moore and Clement is most definitely not anything to write home about. After all of that to make matters worse we really have very little depth at this position meaning we are an injury or two away from a complete disaster.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4th New York at 5:55

1st and 10 at NYJ 23 Curtis Martin (NYJ) rushed up the middle for 5 yards. 17 17
2nd and 5 at NYJ 28 Chad Pennington (NYJ) pass right side complete to Justin McCareins (NYJ) for 22 yards.
1st and 10 at PIT 50 Jerricho Cotchery (NYJ) rushed left side for no gain.
2nd and 10 at PIT 50 Chad Pennington (NYJ) pass right side complete to Curtis Martin (NYJ) for 17 yards.
1st and 10 at PIT 33 Curtis Martin (NYJ) rushed up the middle for 4 yards.
2nd and 6 at PIT 29 LaMont Jordan (NYJ) rushed up the middle for 1 yard.
3rd and 5 at PIT 28 Pittsburgh timeout; 02:07 remaining 4th quarter
3rd and 5 at PIT 28 Chad Pennington (NYJ) pass incomplete across the middle.
4th and 5 at PIT 28 47 yard field goal by Doug Brien (NYJ) is no good.

Terrible!

Also note that Pitt D that year was #1 in the NFL in both yards and points allowed. Not sure why you consider 21 for 33 with an Int to be terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope you're not quoting one drive to prove why it was such a good game for Chad. Why not quote the 3-and-outs from that game? Your quote has him with 2 COMPLETIONS!!! Ridiculous. And one of them was a dumpoff to CuMar. Do you not see that other than the Brien botched FG's, the only scoring drive he led them to was a 42 yder by Brien? Well, he really didn't lead them for one of Brien's FG's because the Barrett INT gave them nice position.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm impressed that you guys have such reserved expectations for this year. Everyone in the nat'l media seems to think they're a slam dunk for 2nd place w/ a brilliant 2nd yr coach, which reminds me a lot of Miami last yr.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its funny. Most Jets fans predict a SB berth every year. I'm cautiously optimistic about this year and think making the playoffs will be very difficult.

[ QUOTE ]
Not to sound too old school, but I don't think you can win consistently w/out being able to run or stop the run unless you have a HoF QB

[/ QUOTE ]

I mostly agree. Running and stopping the run are certainly the easiest ways to win football games. That, and limiting penalties.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe Thomas Jones was a nice pick-up, but I don't really see him as a difference-maker providing all other variables remain constant?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think things change a lot once the season starts. His presence plus the fact that it counts should make the preseason forgettable. Our offense has a number of weapons and Chad is very good at getting them the ball. Oline is obv a huge question. The defensive line is big too.

I'd like to split these first two games and see improvement from what I've seen in the preseason from both lines and the LBs. Chad will be good.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chads an above average QB who is fully capable of leading this team to the promise land.

[/ QUOTE ]

And dreamy too.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Interesting that you guys think your OL sucks...shouldn't last year's rookies be better or have they just looked like crap in the pre-season?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course Dbrick and Mangold will improve. That's not the area of weakness. We should have two solid offensive lineman for years with those two guys. What we are worried about is Left Guard where we have a rookie 6th round pick starting. And our right side in Moore and Clement is most definitely not anything to write home about. After all of that to make matters worse we really have very little depth at this position meaning we are an injury or two away from a complete disaster.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true, but from our returning starters, only Mangold played well last season. Add to the fact that we lost our 2nd best O-Lineman last year and we have a disaster waiting.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:36 PM

Degen,

You're the one with small sample size and selection bias problems, not me. You can't counter argue with out exposing your own ignorance.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:41 PM

I"m a bit worried about DBrick, too.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:47 PM

I get the feeling you don't read any of my posts. You posted his best drive from the entire game, which wasn't even that impressive. My argument for him having a bad game is that he led the offense to 0 TD's and 1 FG. Your argument seems to be "OMGZ 21/33 182 yds and 1 INT, that is an awesome game!!!"
Old 09-02-2007, 03:49 PM

I posted the most important drive of his NFL career, and I simply argued that those numbers aren't "terrible/piss poor" considering he was facing the best Defense in the NFL.