Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 10:21 PM

Default PLO Tourney Hand - Heads Up

Okay so I am not that experienced at headsup play in a tourney situation. It is my understanding that it is important to play much more agressively then you would if it were a fullring table.

At this point in the tourney I have double what my opponet has... my hand is slightly better than average so I raise it in the hopes of taking it down before flop.

Now you may be wondering why I call his raise on my pot bet on the flop... well I figure most likely he is drawing to the straight and I have 2 queens which would most likely be the outs he is looking for... so my main concern at this point is that he has JT.

The turn hits and now I also have a flush draw.. so now my main concern was him having 97... but I do have 9 outs to a flush, 3 9s which could let me win here plus he may very well not have the straight... with this thinking in mind how do you like my plays on all streets.

Another thing to keep in mind is that this guy only remained in the game because he sucked out on an opponent with KQ79 on a board giving him only a Kxx on the flop the other play had AAxx... they shoved all in on flop.

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $150/$300
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
SB: $4780
Janellebb7: $8720

Pre-flop: (2 players) Janellebb7 is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Janellebb7 raises to $900</font>, SB calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1800, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Janellebb7 bets $1800</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $3600</font>, Janellebb7 calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($9000, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Janellebb7 is all-in $4220</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB calls all-in $280</font>.
Uncalled bets: $3940 returned to Janellebb7.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Re: PLO Tourney Hand - Heads Up

you dont seem to realise that on the flop if you call his raise you are totally pot comitted, so you may as well push.

after you bet the flop its hard to pass with those odds,
you are probably in bad shape but he could be drawing so I suppose you have to push.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:23 AM

You've won what, 3 5r PLO tournaments? Doesn't that count for HU PLO? Hand is standard, put him AI on flop.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Now you may be wondering why I call his raise on my pot bet on the flop... well I figure most likely he is drawing to the straight

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do you think that?

Maybe you'd be better off betting more like 1000 on this flop just so that you aren't pot-committed if he comes over the top.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you dont seem to realise that on the flop if you call his raise you are totally pot comitted, so you may as well push.

after you bet the flop its hard to pass with those odds,
you are probably in bad shape but he could be drawing so I suppose you have to push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize I am pot committed... what I want to know is do You think my call of his raise on the flop is appropriate given what I think he has... the turn is obvious call but I am going through the thoughts about what his hand may contain.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Now you may be wondering why I call his raise on my pot bet on the flop... well I figure most likely he is drawing to the straight

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do you think that?

Maybe you'd be better off betting more like 1000 on this flop just so that you aren't pot-committed if he comes over the top.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.. yeah my bet was inappropriate.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:37 PM

I would think he could have anything,
he could just have a J but he will raise with anything beating you too.

As his range includes hands like AJ and KQ and 789 you probably have to call but he could easily have JT or a set when you are in bad shape.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:09 PM

with 15bb effective stacks, about the only mistake you could make on this hand is folding.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:08 PM

"Maybe you'd be better off betting more like 1000 on this flop just so that you aren't pot-committed if he comes over the top"

Why? It isn't like you are going to fold to his raise whether you lead out for $1000 or $1800. With that flop all I'm thinking is how do I get all of his chips into the middle.