Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 11:44 PM

Default I got scammed by Clamper13 and Blueman posers

My turn.

I just got scammed for $1k by a guy using the aims Clamper131313 and Bluemanpoker77. They were posing as the actual Clamper13 and Blueman from here. The good news is that cake poker froze both accounts that were associated with this and will be transferring the money back to me shortly.

The email I just received from cake support is below:

[ QUOTE ]
It appears that the player whom you transferred these funds to immediately transferred them on to another account who then started using the funds at one of the tables. We have closed both accounts and will return the funds to your account in the next hour. While it was fortunate that we caught these scammers in the act it may have been entirely different and we may not have been in a position to return the funds if you had not suspected this so quickly. We would ask that any future transfers that you make are to individuals that you are familiar with.

Regards,

Tony

CakePoker

Security Manager

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-13-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: I got scammed by Clamper13 and Bluesman posers

sucks
Old 11-13-2007, 11:52 PM

thank you I corrected it above.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:00 AM

gl
Old 11-14-2007, 12:00 AM

How did this happen?

You get a cold aim from Clamper131313 and Bluemanpoker77 claiming to be the respective 2p2er posters and then you send to them first without asking them to send you a pm on 2p2 from their accounts to verify them or verifying their aim with someone else or just any means?
Old 11-14-2007, 12:05 AM

it's a long story but the short of it is I told clamper I wanted to escrow, he came back few minutes later and bluemanpoker77 aim'd me saying he has 1k from clamper asking me if it's for me. I was in a hurry so I did the xfer right then. I'm usually very very thorough with these things but I was in a hurry and got caught off gaurd.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:06 AM

just to make it clear, Blueman on 2p2 and clamper13 on 2p2 are clean. Their posers over aim are NOT.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it's a long story but the short of it is I told clamper I wanted to escrow, he came back few minutes later and bluemanpoker77 aim'd me saying he has 1k from clamper asking me if it's for me. I was in a hurry so I did the xfer right then. I'm usually very very thorough with these things but I was in a hurry and got caught off gaurd.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea how much 1k is worth to you, but it boggles my mind that some of you guys are still SO nonchalant about transferring money, even with all the hacking posts in the last day

I saw that you are usually thorough...but come on man, if there's ever a time to be even more cautious than usual, it is now.

/rant
Old 11-14-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea how much 1k is worth to you, but it boggles my mind that some of you guys are still SO nonchalant about transferring money, even with all the hacking posts in the last day

I saw that you are usually thorough...but come on man, if there's ever a time to be even more cautious than usual, it is now.

/rant

[/ QUOTE ]

neccessary at all? Hes just trying to warn people.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/rant

[/ QUOTE ]

neccessary at all? Hes just trying to warn people.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, just a rant...i am aware that he is smart enough to not usually do this