Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Re: What should i do? Multiwaypot with QQ

Yeah, seriously, this one is so close it's not surprising that everyone is sort of reverting to form - the SD monkeys try to get to SD and the guys who are good at making nice folds say fold. So basically, it doesn't matter.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, seriously, this one is so close it's not surprising that everyone is sort of reverting to form - the SD monkeys try to get to SD and the guys who are good at making nice folds say fold. So basically, it doesn't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i'm a showdown monkey, and I said fold

I think it's really close either way, but what I think we can all agree that we are 'losing' right now. i can't see capping the turn when I know I'm drawing. And, I could be drawing dead, or to 7 outs, or 15 outs.

As someone said, this doesn't matter too much in the long run.

Whenever I get in spots like this, I just trust my gut and go with it.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:11 PM

I don't see this as an agonizingly tough fold. I think people see OP's read & just put too much weight on it. I mean a horrible bluffer is one thing but if he's check/3betting a protected pot with cheese here he's just a full blown off the charts maniac which you would know by now if you've played more than a couple orbits w/ him.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:15 PM

I think you can fold this, but at the table would be difficult to do.

It looks like the other players already have some of your flush outs and/or straight outs which would reduce your equity significantly.

Even if someone holds the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and the river isn't a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], you'll still have to improve to a questionable beat a 2 pair, set or maybe split a straight.

Your Q outs probably aren't good if they're raising with a A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] as that further connects the board.

There's also a possibility someone holds a set or 2-pair and that perhaps reduces your outs further.

It's still probably close, though.