Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]
gump,

"what I'm interested in now is why AP has come clean even to the extent that they have."

When there was no real info out there, they simply denied, denied, denied.

When thy found out that support had released info (and that other info had been leaked), they realized that denying it was not going to work anymore.

So they went into classic PR mode of neutralizing the info and making the story a non-event.

Look, even in this thread, there are numerous people saying that Absolute has come clean. Adanthar and Nat are no longer pushing this issue hard (understandably). People are saying give Absolute a chance to release more info. And they will probably release some info at some point in the future with promises for even more info. And the longer this goes on, the less and less of a subject of interest it will be.

Basically, they are making this fade away in a very controlled and managed fashion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand why Nat and Ad are backing off a bit, they've put in a ton of work. What I don't understand is why they don't look for volunteers to take up the battle and pass the gauntlet. They could give all their info and sources to someone (or multiple people) who is willing and able to put more time into this battle.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:13 PM

El D,

Thanks for the reply, i can appreciate that.
BonusWhores did blacklist AP very early on in this thing, it is upsetting that others didn't follow suit.

I wonder if AP does any advertising at 2+2 or P5s etc. It would be nice if these companies stated they would no longer accept advertising from the site or any affiliates until AP has fixed the situation to their satisfaction. (assuming they don't think AP already has in refunding what is most likely a small percentage of the cheated money.)
Old 10-22-2007, 02:18 PM

Not only will I no longer play poker at Absolute, I will no longer play online poker at any website. Which sucks for some of you, because I absolutely suck at poker. The fact that, in addition to perhaps being bested by better players, I may also have been subject to systematic cheating, is the last straw. Bye bye online poker, its been fun.

Fishy McDonk
Old 10-22-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gump,

"what I'm interested in now is why AP has come clean even to the extent that they have."

When thy found out that support had released info (and that other info had been leaked), they realized that denying it was not going to work anymore.

So they went into classic PR mode of neutralizing the info and making the story a non-event.

Look, even in this thread, there are numerous people saying that Absolute has come clean. Adanthar and Nat are no longer pushing this issue hard (understandably). People are saying give Absolute a chance to release more info. And they will probably release some info at some point in the future with promises for even more info. And the longer this goes on, the less and less of a subject of interest it will be.

Basically, they are making this fade away in a very controlled and managed fashion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand why Nat and Ad are backing off a bit, they've put in a ton of work. What I don't understand is why they don't look for volunteers to take up the battle and pass the gauntlet. They could give all their info and sources to someone (or multiple people) who is willing and able to put more time into this battle.

[/ QUOTE ]
If a trusted person approached me and actually committed to putting in a lot of work, I would hand off some info.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gump,

[/ QUOTE ]
I know what they're doing too. I don't really have a choice though.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not only will I no longer play poker at Absolute, I will no longer play online poker at any website. Which sucks for some of you, because I absolutely suck at poker. The fact that, in addition to perhaps being bested by better players, I may also have been subject to systematic cheating, is the last straw. Bye bye online poker, its been fun.

Fishy McDonk

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 10-22-2007, 02:22 PM

El D,

Do you notice the correlation between registration date on 2+2 and enthusiasm for getting AP banned from the entire world?

I guess it's something you have to see a few times.

Edit: That's not to say people should give up, just that those who have "seen it all before" likely haven't got the energy anymore.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Fishy McDonk

[/ QUOTE ]

You play poker on their WEBSITE?

I thought it was with a stand alone client like most other online poker sites. Is it an Interweb site?
Old 10-22-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Fishy McDonk

[/ QUOTE ]

You play poker on their WEBSITE?

I thought it was with a stand alone client like most other online poker sites. Is it an Interweb site?

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolute does have a stand alone browser client
Old 10-22-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Basically, they are trying to make this fade away in a very controlled and managed fashion.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. The final outcome is yet to be determined. It's their move at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's a few things we can do if AP doesn't go all the way with their disclosure.

- Harass AP affiliates, blacklist them, refuse to give business to anyone who deals with AP. Loss of affiliate traffic is definitely going to hurt AP.
- We can ask poker software makers (PT, PA, HM, PO) to remove AP support from their products.
- We can have organized teams that let AP players know about the scandal at the tables.
- We can push for more involvement of other poker sites, including pressure on KGC.
- We can get this in the media again if AP continues to feed us nonsense, and insiders are willing to release their information.
- We can talk to everyone we know about the scandal.

I'm sure there's more. That's just off the top of my head, and only includes the ethical side of things.
Closed Thread