Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Re: $114: L6 ITM on button with 2 overs and gutter

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i really like a shove, i think the stacks are perfect for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thinking as well John, but as Pudge said, the more I think about it, the more it looks like strength from a solid reg.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess it does look like strength. what type of range do you put him on to raise preflop? something like 88+ AJ+ ?

for your push to be good you need to be able to get him to lay down two overcards a reasonable percentage of the time.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i really like a shove, i think the stacks are perfect for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thinking as well John, but as Pudge said, the more I think about it, the more it looks like strength from a solid reg.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess it does look like strength. what type of range do you put him on to raise preflop? something like 88+ AJ+ ?

for your push to be good you need to be able to get him to lay down two overcards a reasonable percentage of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that range is about what I was thinking in game, and I did think I could get him to lay down overs.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:04 AM

When you limp and he only raises to 600 I'm thinking it's probably a big hand as well so I'm not sure we want to get it in.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:15 PM

Against a solid reg. I raise call preflop.

Ideally we should call a BB push (assuming an open to t500) with about 60% of his pushing range and he needs us to fold about 60% of the time to make it +EV. So his re-steal range should be roughly .67*Open% and our call range should be about .4*Open%. That means that he has to think that we are opening >37% to make a raise/call correct. There is basically no way that it is correct move here.

I like limping with KQo since you can't call a shove from either guy. Your hand doesn't really matter when you raise so do it with 75o or 83s or whatever (or something good enough to call a shove).
Old 09-10-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Against a solid reg. I raise call preflop.

Ideally we should call a BB push (assuming an open to t500) with about 60% of his pushing range and he needs us to fold about 60% of the time to make it +EV. So his re-steal range should be roughly .67*Open% and our call range should be about .4*Open%. That means that he has to think that we are opening >37% to make a raise/call correct. There is basically no way that it is correct move here.

I like limping with KQo since you can't call a shove from either guy. Your hand doesn't really matter when you raise so do it with 75o or 83s or whatever (or something good enough to call a shove).

[/ QUOTE ]

solid regulars will sometimes call from the blinds in this spot, so KQo will fare much better posflop than 75o or 83s. but i do agree with your point that limping is good.