Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: TPTK v. donk and tag

Hero, how are you playing? What is SBs perception of you?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
25/14 doesnt seem all that tag to me

[/ QUOTE ]

sry, tagish. thx for the input.

[/ QUOTE ]
that wasnt directed at you to be a smart ass

Are you playing trips like that on a two-flush board? I'm not, but maybe I'm a donk (very possible, granted!)
Old 11-13-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero, how are you playing? What is SBs perception of you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Similar to SB: 25/15/2.5, he did see me triple up from button w/ 54o when he raised AK utg and the the whole table cold called, MP(ATs) riased his flop bet, I called, he shoved, we both called on a A23r board.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your flop raise is a little too big IMO. Make it $10 instead. After the smooth call by SB, I'm checking behind on the turn (as hard as that may seem). This just wreaks of a set.

AC

[/ QUOTE ]
Please show me a hh of a tag playing a flopped set like this multiway oop on a super drawy board (obviously this may be one, but I haven't had experience with this line). I realize he could possibly be cold calling in hopes of keeping BB in the hand, but he could also be playing a draw this way as well since he has to figure that his fold equity may not be great since op has shown that he likes his hand. I'm shoving the turn to protect/get value from draws and because I can't fold top two if he bets into us on a blank river card.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:51 PM

How bad would it be if I checked behind and folded to river shove?
Old 11-13-2007, 02:55 PM

I think it's weak-tight.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your flop raise is a little too big IMO. Make it $10 instead. After the smooth call by SB, I'm checking behind on the turn (as hard as that may seem). This just wreaks of a set.

AC

[/ QUOTE ]
Please show me a hh of a tag playing a flopped set like this multiway oop on a super drawy board (obviously this may be one, but I haven't had experience with this line). I realize he could possibly be cold calling in hopes of keeping BB in the hand, but he could also be playing a draw this way as well since he has to figure that his fold equity may not be great since op has shown that he likes his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that it's unusual to play a set this way, but I've seen it. Plus, the only draw that makes sense is 10d9d. I can't really seen him having any other flush draw since we hold the A of diamonds. So to me this is either 10d9d or a set. I just can't figure out another hand that would play this way.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:04 PM

I think we can all agree on a pretty limited range given that flop cold-call:

Sets: 88/44 (he did not flat call JJ)
SC's: KQ/QT/Q9/T9/T8/98... diamonds.

But how many of those SC's will a 25/14 call OOP preflop? As much as this is micro-limit and people play dumb, I think there should be two obvious truths here:

1. A 25/14 is usually position aware and is a lot more likely to call in the SB looking to set mine than with an SC.

2. Some people slowplay sets on all but the most dangerous flops because you're supposed to slowplay big hands.

Check behind and play pot control. Fold to any river diamond, call 1/2 PSB on a blank, spike an A or J -> profit.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:06 PM

this really looks like a set going for the checkraise on the flop. You represent a top pair/overpair hand that tries to protect itself against the draws so there is no need for him to play his set fast. If he reraises you on the flop you would have to fold so he might have decided to play it slow to get more value.

I don't think a decent player would make that call villain did with a drawing hand, the implied odds are simply not there.

I'd check behind on the turn and call up to 2/3 pot bet on the river mainly for information as I expect to be beat most of the time.