Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Re: The state of Notre Dame football.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course Shemp I think the issue is what are their prospects going forward? They have talent, albeit young talent, and more coming in. So from the first three seasons, what can we tell about Weis' ability to lead the team?

The first two seasons show he can do a pretty good job with excellent talent. This year shows that he has badly misjudged how to handle a young team. Now, maybe he learns from this, and maybe that + getting a more talented, experience team means he does okay.

But my concern is this: he obviously screwed up in a big way with whatever he did with this team to wind up THIS bad (again, not so much they're losing against this schedule as looking atrocious). So when someone makes decisions that are ultimately awful, how much do I trust their decision-making abilities in the future on other issues? That's the direction I'm going in.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very fair analysis. The reason I have hope with respect to your last point is that a) Weis screwed up and b) he's fully aware of the severity of his screw up, and will do everything in his power to fix it. Whether he can fix it, only time will tell. This is in contrast to his predecessor's "meh, we didn't execute...what are you gonna do?" attitude.