Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 06:30 PM

Default You make the call (Floor Decision)

I am called to the table by an experienced dealer. Dealer reports: He brought the flop and he thought all checked, he tapped and burned then the button stopped him and announced he had not checked. Dealer lets him bet and 4 players call. Dealer burns again and brings a "10". UTG bets and 3 players call. Dealer then taps and goes to burn for river and notices 3 burn cards already. Floor is called. What is the correct decision?
Old 08-19-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Re: You make the call (Floor Decision)

[ QUOTE ]
I am called to the table by an experienced dealer. Dealer reports: He brought the flop and he thought all checked, he tapped and burned then the button stopped him and announced he had not checked. Dealer lets him bet and 4 players call. Dealer burns again and brings a "10". UTG bets and 3 players call. Dealer then taps and goes to burn for river and notices 3 burn cards already. Floor is called. What is the correct decision?

[/ QUOTE ]

The 10 stays as the players all acted on the 10.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:40 PM

He should not have burned after the action was completed on the flop. The cards would have been right if not for the double burn.

The 10 stays because there's significant action on it. No KITN needed... this time.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:48 PM

What about bringing the river card. I ruled the 10 live because of the action but what steps now should be taken before the river is dealt? Does the dealer burn a 4th card? Is there a reshuffle with the burn that would have been the natural turn? or does he just bring the next card off the top of the deck?
Old 08-19-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

An experienced dealer, who notices a double burn,( assuming they are the only one that notices) would have continued without calling the floor.
Fire away...
Old 08-19-2007, 08:49 PM

I would leave the turn card as is because there has been significant action and recalling it would not be right. I would have them deal the river without a burn, as that would have been the correct river anyway.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:15 PM

Default on decision making in general

[ QUOTE ]
No KITN needed... this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now let's not be too hasty ...

Actually, when I was new to the floor, someone gave me some good advice. The said "never make your decision too quickly. Listen to the dealer, and then let the players have their say (when necessary). Consider the situation, decide what rule(s) apply, then decide. Remember that someone will usually be unhappy, so decide with authority and don't back down."

I add this: it's not always posibble to make everyone happy, but if there is a decision that will satisfy everyone, it should be strongly considered. Basically the only time you should choose against a decision that would satisfy everyone is when that choice would comprimise the integrity of the game. **

Al

**this could cover a broad array of situations
Old 08-19-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have them deal the river without a burn, as that would have been the correct river anyway.

[/ QUOTE ] I agree.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:09 PM

I don't like not burning in order to get the "correct" river. It doesn't make sense to me. There is a reason for burning cards and the reason to have a burn card here is not alleviated by the fact that there was a double burn on an earlier street.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

An experienced dealer, who notices a double burn,( assuming they are the only one that notices) would have continued without calling the floor.
Fire away...

[/ QUOTE ]

right or wrong this one time I would have continued without saying a word. If a player said something then I would have calle dthe floor.