Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Current Skill You Are Developing

[ QUOTE ]
Meh. "Send us $$$ and we'll send you a cookie-cutter PDF of useless advice." I bought one of those once and it was pretty useless information. The way they make it out to be magical in their pitch is really annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a similar attitide when I first heard of it, and that attitude did hinder my progress. It's an easy attitude to have when first introduced to their stuff, though probably less so if you have any experience with nlp. Skepticism is probably the natural attitude.

Some seem to pick it up quickly and others not so quick. I found it difficult, I think mostly because of my skepticism and the doubt it produced, but I had enough initial exeperiences and success to keep going. This isn't useless information. It works. Though I would recommend the seminars rather than the dvd's. I couldn't get it from the dvd's, although some of the newer ones may be ok. The older ones are too out of date.

With regards the 3d mind, it is the best thing I've seen in terms of self help/improvement. Probably the only thing that has actually worked for me. It is freaky how things change. They also give daily support on a 3d mind yahoo group. If I could learn only one skill in my life, the 3d mind would be it. Just wish I had it when I was younger. It's worth the effort to learn.

There's a free anchoring video there, although a lot of the things going on will probably not be noticed. I know the guy in the the video titled 'they hired 3 chocolates' is telling the truth with that story, as I was stood right next to him and Christian when they did it. I also know the guy in the video about the elevator cure is telling the truth.

There's also a free essential skills yahoo group if anyone wants to check it out and gather more info. Both yahoo groups are very active.

And for the ultra skeptic, worried about being ripped off because it's a load of crap, they have a money back offer on any product or seminar.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I threw up a little and stopped reading after this:
[ QUOTE ]
Well I knew that I was going for rapport but they sure didn't. I began to try to get rapport with people from across the room and then with people that were not even looking at me yet. They all had the same response. They would blush a little and look around.

[/ QUOTE ]

and this:
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, what is energy? I don't know and I don't care. I know that most people have had the experience of thinking about someone, and having them give you a phone call within just a few minutes. Some have had the experience of picking up the phone to call someone only to have them already on the line, because they had called you and your phone never rang. That is because people make connections on levels other than what we are aware of. Distance does not play a factor. These connections can be just as strong whether someone is standing next you or whether they are on the opposite side of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about going to a seminar, trying it, and if it doesn't work, throw up a little, write it off as a load of crap, and then get your money back.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Meh. "Send us $$$ and we'll send you a cookie-cutter PDF of useless advice." I bought one of those once and it was pretty useless information. The way they make it out to be magical in their pitch is really annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a similar attitide when I first heard of it, and that attitude did hinder my progress. It's an easy attitude to have when first introduced to their stuff, though probably less so if you have any experience with nlp. Skepticism is probably the natural attitude.

Some seem to pick it up quickly and others not so quick. I found it difficult, I think mostly because of my skepticism and the doubt it produced, but I had enough initial exeperiences and success to keep going. This isn't useless information. It works. Though I would recommend the seminars rather than the dvd's. I couldn't get it from the dvd's, although some of the newer ones may be ok. The older ones are too out of date.

With regards the 3d mind, it is the best thing I've seen in terms of self help/improvement. Probably the only thing that has actually worked for me. It is freaky how things change. They also give daily support on a 3d mind yahoo group. If I could learn only one skill in my life, the 3d mind would be it. Just wish I had it when I was younger. It's worth the effort to learn.

There's a free anchoring video there, although a lot of the things going on will probably not be noticed. I know the guy in the the video titled 'they hired 3 chocolates' is telling the truth with that story, as I was stood right next to him and Christian when they did it. I also know the guy in the video about the elevator cure is telling the truth.

There's also a free essential skills yahoo group if anyone wants to check it out and gather more info. Both yahoo groups are very active.

And for the ultra skeptic, worried about being ripped off because it's a load of crap, they have a money back offer on any product or seminar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure that some of it "really works," but when they say things that I know for a fact are untrue, it makes the whole thing reek of either a) stupidity, or b) sleazy lies, and either way I don't want to buy their product. No matter how much your training in "magical rapport" helps with your daily interactions, it is never going to make someone across the room from you, who is unaware of your presence, feel some sort of invisible connection to you. When they claim things like this, it is an immediate turnoff to me.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I threw up a little and stopped reading after this:
[ QUOTE ]
Well I knew that I was going for rapport but they sure didn't. I began to try to get rapport with people from across the room and then with people that were not even looking at me yet. They all had the same response. They would blush a little and look around.

[/ QUOTE ]

and this:
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, what is energy? I don't know and I don't care. I know that most people have had the experience of thinking about someone, and having them give you a phone call within just a few minutes. Some have had the experience of picking up the phone to call someone only to have them already on the line, because they had called you and your phone never rang. That is because people make connections on levels other than what we are aware of. Distance does not play a factor. These connections can be just as strong whether someone is standing next you or whether they are on the opposite side of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about going to a seminar, trying it, and if it doesn't work, throw up a little, write it off as a load of crap, and then get your money back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I don't feel like wasting hours of my life on lies and sleazy sales techniques? Just so we're clear, do you truly believe that with these techniques, I can develop invisible rapport with an unaware party? It seems like you have a direct affiliation with this company, and if not, I am having a hard time believing that a 2+2er would fall for such obvious crap.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No matter how much your training in "magical rapport" helps with your daily interactions, it is never going to make someone across the room from you, who is unaware of your presence, feel some sort of invisible connection to you. When they claim things like this, it is an immediate turnoff to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I have experienced this, I obviously have a different view.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No matter how much your training in "magical rapport" helps with your daily interactions, it is never going to make someone across the room from you, who is unaware of your presence, feel some sort of invisible connection to you. When they claim things like this, it is an immediate turnoff to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I have experienced this, I obviously have a different view.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am willing to lay significant odds that you have not experienced this, and we can use other 2+2ers as unbiased judges. Just to clarify, I'm sure that some of the basic claims are true. Obviously you can influence others' attitudes with body language and certain other non-verbal cues. It's the extravagance and magical thinking claims of the webpage that make it unbelievable. No amount of training in "rapport" can cause you to have what amounts to psychic abilities.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because I don't feel like wasting hours of my life on lies and sleazy sales techniques? Just so we're clear, do you truly believe that with these techniques, I can develop invisible rapport with an unaware party?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, obviously I believe that. Although I have no idea what your perception of so called invisible rapport is. For the record, I believe you can develop rapport with someone before you approach them and they become aware of your presence. I am not an expert at this, as I focus more on the 3d mind than the social influence aspect, but I have had the experience of someone getting rapport with me this way, and vice versa.

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like you have a direct affiliation with this company,

[/ QUOTE ]

No I haven't, but I have been to a few seminars. I have over 1000 posts on this forum, and believe I have mentioned that site only once before when I thought it would help someone.

[ QUOTE ]
and if not, I am having a hard time believing that a 2+2er would fall for such obvious crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand you having a hard time, but maybe, just maybe, it works, which is why this 2+2er 'fell' for it.

You're right that it probably isn't for you. Your attitude would probably give you difficulty in learning this stuff. I had the same difficulty at first. It was a struggle for me, and it is very easy to think it's bollocks.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am willing to lay significant odds that you have not experienced this, and we can use other 2+2ers as unbiased judges. Just to clarify, I'm sure that some of the basic claims are true. Obviously you can influence others' attitudes with body language and certain other non-verbal cues. It's the extravagance and magical thinking claims of the webpage that make it unbelievable. No amount of training in "rapport" can cause you to have what amounts to psychic abilities.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what you think they are claiming. There's nothing psychic about it, at least as far as I know. The extravagance and 'magical thinking' claims are marketing bollocks. I know for a fact that Tom does not believe in any magical thinking, and I don't think there's any mention of magical thinking on the site. There is mention of magical rapport, but that is just a brand name.

The skills are basically social skills. And they work. There's only 1 person that can prove to you that they work, and that is you.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because I don't feel like wasting hours of my life on lies and sleazy sales techniques? Just so we're clear, do you truly believe that with these techniques, I can develop invisible rapport with an unaware party?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, obviously I believe that. Although I have no idea what your perception of so called invisible rapport is. For the record, I believe you can develop rapport with someone before you approach them and they become aware of your presence. I am not an expert at this, as I focus more on the 3d mind than the social influence aspect, but I have had the experience of someone getting rapport with me this way, and vice versa.

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like you have a direct affiliation with this company,

[/ QUOTE ]

No I haven't, but I have been to a few seminars. I have over 1000 posts on this forum, and believe I have mentioned that site only once before when I thought it would help someone.

[ QUOTE ]
and if not, I am having a hard time believing that a 2+2er would fall for such obvious crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand you having a hard time, but maybe, just maybe, it works, which is why this 2+2er 'fell' for it.

You're right that it probably isn't for you. Your attitude would probably give you difficulty in learning this stuff. I had the same difficulty at first. It was a struggle for me, and it is very easy to think it's bollocks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm getting a bit hot-headed here for little reason, so my apologies for my somewhat aggressive tone so far [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I only suggested that you had some sort of affiliation because you seemed to know several people in the videos, but if they happened at seminars you attended, then that could make sense. I'm still having quite a bit of trouble understanding your viewpoint, though. Are you claiming that there is some invisible force that you can use to affect another person's mood and behavior, apart from visual signals such as eye contact, body language, etc? In other words, before the person even is aware of you, you can influence them? This is an outrageous, and some would say quite laughable claim, so you'll have to excuse my extreme skepticism and lack of desire to attend or pay for any such seminars, even if a money-back guarantee were offered.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:54 PM

Hey guys. I'm slightly below 2100 USCF and FIDE. To become a competent player, just learn some openings decently well, get a basic endgame book (Silman's Complete Endgame Course is excellent and will bring you up to speed on important endings) and just study tons of 1 and 2 move shots. As long as your moves aren't borderline retarded, positional chess is a bit overrated. Everyone up to 1800 will make 1 and 2 move blunders anyways. Oh, and if you're getting into tournament chess, avoid time trouble like the plague. I'm trying to quit it right now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].