Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 05:45 AM

Default Re: Flee at last

[ QUOTE ]
Everytime I get on a plane I have premonitions (imaginations) of it crashing on take-off, but not in a way that makes me scared of flying, more in a perversly excited way that crashing in a plane is an experience not many people have had. I only get slightly nervous once I look out the window and feel like I am at a height that would cause maiming if it dropped out the air (based on my knowingly non-scientific perception of how height affects crash severity!). Below that height I figure it will be exciting and I will be ok, above that I think it will be an amzingly weird/exciting experience but with a brief dramatic end I have no need to worry too much about. I think I find something moving about being seriously dramtically powerless and having to go along with the ride.

(That seems like something for my psychiatrist? I never wrote that down and read it back before!)

Of course, if I ever walked away from a plane crash I'd have to avoid the urge to claim a premonition, given I think it every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sublime, Alex-db ( I get tired of saying awesome ). Yes, I get excited at perverse things as well. Best I not describe them. Just say, if it’s possible, if the Marquise de Sade were not a misogynist, I could whole heartily agree with him, it’s just that he hated women and I love women. ( At least that’s my interpretation of Justine)
Old 03-23-2007, 08:37 AM

Default Re: You have a dream...

[ QUOTE ]
This happened last week to my roommate.

You have a dream where you die in a plane crash and the most specific thing you remember about the dream is that there was a girls soccer team on the plane as it went down. You have a flight to catch that day, and describe your dream to the person dropping you off at the airport. When you get to your gate there is a girls soccer team waiting for the same flight as you. Who gets on that plane?

[/ QUOTE ]

In this age, I think there's a good chance that if you told someone you dreamt about the plane crashing, and then that person found out that at least some of the details were true, security would make sure you don't get on the plane. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Others have been detained for less.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This happened last week to my roommate.

You have a dream where you die in a plane crash and the most specific thing you remember about the dream is that there was a girls soccer team on the plane as it went down. You have a flight to catch that day, and describe your dream to the person dropping you off at the airport. When you get to your gate there is a girls soccer team waiting for the same flight as you. Who gets on that plane?

[/ QUOTE ]

In this age, I think there's a good chance that if you told someone you dreamt about the plane crashing, and then that person found out that at least some of the details were true, security would make sure you don't get on the plane. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Others have been detained for less.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah if you dream the planes going to crash and it does then you're probably the one who blew it up.

Not sure where the girls come in unless there are 70 of them.

chez
Old 03-23-2007, 12:34 PM

The main reason I said no was because if you KNEW it was a girls soccer team in your dreams (which is highly unlikely), and it was, then I'd really have to think long and hard.

Girls soccer teams flying somewhere as a team is not at all common in my area, if at all, so the odds of them actually being on the plane w/ me are so ridiculously low that I'm almost more likely to believe from a mathematical standpoint that I had a premonition [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 03-23-2007, 12:51 PM

ive had plenty of dreams about hooking up with supermodels or even girls i know and have a crush on. i never get with them in real life so why would i take this stupid dream seriously?
Old 03-23-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ive had plenty of dreams about hooking up with supermodels or even girls i know and have a crush on. i never get with them in real life so why would i take this stupid dream seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because even losers can die in plane crashes... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2007, 07:10 PM

if they had the same uniforms/clothes on as in your dream, it might make a difference about my decision

as it stands i don't think i'd get on the plane

one time in 2nd grade i had a very vivid dream about how to solve this one puzzle we were all working on for days in my class....i went to class the next day and put it together in less then a minute.

not the same thing of course, but...
Old 03-23-2007, 09:31 PM

If your friend didn't tell anyone about the dream or recall it until he got there and saw the soccer team, it's probably just a case of dejavu, a short-circuit in the brain basically -- get on the plane.

If he told you before hand then got there and the soccer team was there, that's a different story and I can wait 3 hours until the next flight.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:39 AM

Only if the pilot and co-pilot are both female.

The paradox doesn't resolve otherwise.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:40 AM

Isnt the universe supernatural? I don't know, but it is infinite.....

Didn't know natural things were infinite. If anything we know that natural things die.....