Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Re: Possible dilemma in the late stages

I couldn't disagree more. With an M of 4 he is in under serious pressure. If 88 is 82% likely to be the best hand here...folding is defintely -EV. And that is bad poker.

Our goal should be to win the whole thing...and passing on this chance is not a good way to win one of these....

Shove and accept sometimes you'll run into an overpair and lose....(or AK and lose a flip....or A4 and lose to an Ace..etc ). Don't be results oriented.

It wouldn't have made a difference here, but not shoving with an M under 5 reduces your FE, and still commits you to the hand and that just is bad poker.

It's not pushing from late position with any 2 (with light action in front of course) or Shoving from EP with 88 with a low M. Its pushing from late position AND shoving the 88 with a low M. You should do both if you wanna grab the brass ring.

I do think players at low levels are more likely to call with mediocre hands in these positions, so I like to have a little bit of a hand when I shove to steal short handed...especially when my M is around 5...but NEVER pass on 88 here....its TOO good.