Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 03:07 AM

Default Re: It\'s been a pleasure working with you all *DELETED*

Mason,

Will you respond to the question of whether this will apply to Greg Raymer?

Also, I don't believe a custom title would imply 2+2's endorsement of the PPA. As was alluded to, Jay Cohen's title does not reflect 2+2's official support for WSEX.com.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:31 AM

Default Re: It\'s been a pleasure working with you all

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
rich,

you're in the political arena now. You need to develop thicker skin and plow forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is impossible for me, as I never represent the PPA here. Rather, I represent us to the PPA.

[/ QUOTE ]

The middle child in me says you two should be able to work this out.

This is 2+2's forum.

TE does often defend the PPA, sometimes beyond need.

IMO you have both dug this grave.

If you two can't work this out then perhaps this might be the spark that might create a fire in the PPA's own forum. At least everyone there is a member and there has been talk of utilizing it for the co-ordination of various activities.

Bryan or any of us could post the occasional update and it would be up to those really committed to find the information.

Both sides have a good deal to loose here.

This is not another set back comming at a good time.

D$D
Old 11-10-2007, 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Engineer and Skillgram are no longer allowed to post on 2p2 due to conflicts please let me know where you guys will be posting and I'll quit using 2p2 and use that other site. I think it would be a massive loss if 2p2 were to lose such valuable members as Engineer and Skillgram.

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN BERGE!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

- whangarei
PPA member
Degen
Old 11-10-2007, 06:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Why not just change my title under my name to "PPA Board Member" and leave it at that, like you do for TruePoker CEO, Jay Cohen, and others?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'll have to talk it over with Mat Sklansky, but I'm inclined to say no.
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wanted to echo the opinion that changing titles to reflect relationships to the PPA is a reasonable request, and would certainly seem to be sufficiently visible.

I imagine I wouldn't be alone in being disappointed in any 2+2 policy decision that handcuffed anyone like Skalla or TE's from freely expressing their personal opinions or ideas because of their link to the PPA, given the current environment for poker.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg is posting very little right at the moment. But when he has posted on this forum during the past few months, he has made it clear that he was a PPA board member.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 11-10-2007, 08:16 AM

Hi Skallagrim:

Right now we're only requiring PPA Board Members and certain other officials to identify themselves as such. So in your case you don't need to do anything different.

[ QUOTE ]
But one thing, this is the internet; no way am I posting my real name all over these boards, for all sorts of privacy and security reasons

[/ QUOTE ]

TE real name and bio is up on the PPA website. So with that being the case, asking him to do the same here should have virtually nothing to do with privacy and security reasons.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 11-10-2007, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We know mason's attitude toward PPA is curious

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Everyone:

I want to address this a little more, and you'll soon see why even though I won't be specific and I'm a little bit uncomfortable doing this. But it needs to stated this one time so everyone has a better understanding where Two Plus Two is coming from whether you agree or not.

We share the same goal as the PPA and hope they are successful, but we have many issues concerning the PPA. Some of these have been discussed on this forum in detail, while others have only been discussed in private conversations between Two Plus Two and representatives of the PPA,

Our belief is that if these issues come out publicly, they have the potential to damage the cause. Now it just so happens that it is becoming known that these boards (at www.twoplustwo.com) are where it's at when it comes to all things poker, and a lot of people (and perhaps some organizations) are now reading them. So if I start listing things here, I could damage the PPA. In addition, we took down our attorney's statement from last year for precisely this reason (and at the request of a representative of the PPA).

Thus, our position is now neutral towards this organization. We hope the PPA is successful, and we also hope they will continue to make enough changes so that our position can be moved to positive.

Once it moves to positive, we will drop the requirement for identification of their board members and other certain officials that we designate. But until then, unless we change our decision, we will require identification on this board.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 11-10-2007, 08:41 AM

I have been a bit critical of Mason in other threads (and was very glad to see the previous statement removed) but I don't think it is unreasonable for the Engineer to make clear that he is a PPA board member - not a PPA spokesperson - in his posts.

Engineer keep doing what you are doing but take pride in being a PPA Board member!(NOT PPA SPOKESPERSON)
Old 11-10-2007, 10:07 AM

I agree with 2+2's position on the PPA's lack of transparency. Opacity breeds and feeds corruption and in the long run that is harmful to our cause even if there is significant short term gain.

However, on this point you are just plain wrong. This forum helps our cause because it is informal. This forum shares one of the powers of an university in that free ideas can be offered and explored without fear of long term consequence. Anybody can say pretty much whatever they want here, allowing golden ideas to be planted and the careful reader to sift them from the sand.

When you require some of your posters to don their cloak of position, then this forum's informality and its power are diminished.

If your concern is with the consistency of a forum rule, then maybe the rule itself is flawed and should be amended. If your concern is with some people getting the wrong idea, then sticky a disclaimer.

Indeed, by singling out the PPA here,
your problems with the PPA smacks of something personal.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg is posting very little right at the moment. But when he has posted on this forum during the past few months, he has made it clear that he was a PPA board member.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

From speaking to Greg this week, doesn't he have positions and major interests in more than the PPA?

A number of us may serve on boards or serve as directors, agents, or representitives of any number of organizations. Which is really none of your business, unless we choose to make those affiliations known.

I feel I understand some of the issues here, beyond what has been posted or unposted to date.

But wasn't TE to some degree nominated to the Board in part because of his efforts that grew up here, but also becuase he was a valued member of this community.

You may not see it and TE hasn't said it, but to some degree TE while not an offical 2+2 LLC PPA member but about as close as you are going to get near term.

I really don't understand this move that in effect pushes him further from you rather than closer. Yes TE comes off many times as a PPA apologist, and his vaciliation between his "authority" as a PPA board member and his private individual musings is an issue, but even TE has stated he feels he represents 2+2 to the board not the PPA to 2+2.

Given that now the job of representing the PPA to this forum is now held by Bryan there really is little need for TE to defend the PPA as he has in the past. But as a State Rep he does have the same responsibilities as does Skall or anyone else who takes one of those positions to represent that State and be held accountible for the success or failure of those actions.

Work it out gentleman!

D$D
Closed Thread