Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

In 30 days AP may well have ceased trading. You want to put your money into a company that could be about to go under because it defrauds its customers, go right ahead. Smart move.

You are quite right on your other point though; soon every player on AP will be a complete fish.

Every last one.

Have fun.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are quite right on your other point though; soon every player on AP will be a complete fish , AP shill or Superuser.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Old 10-22-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I need a new cliff-notes because I've been away for a couple days, have no idea what's going on now, and am not about to take 2-3 hours or more to try to make it all the way through this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

nothings happened
Old 10-22-2007, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And in all seriousness, this was from a group of old frat buds from little old SAE, Montana Beta Chapter! My old stompn grounds. all we did there was drink, smoke weed, and **** chicks. can you even comprehend whats been going with the REAL smart guys. have you ever read any of Ben Mezrich's books. i can't wait to read his next one on how the cal tech, or mit guys took online poker for tens of millions of dollars year after year. but that book won't be written for atleast another 10 or so years. trust me--this whole AP thing is nothing but a "needle in a haystack" as far as online cheating goes. a couple of extra lines of code to open a back door to view hole cards-NO PROBLEM

[/ QUOTE ]

You writin' a book dog?
Old 10-22-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are quite right on your other point though; soon every player on AP will be a complete fish.

[/ QUOTE ]
and
[ QUOTE ]
You are quite right on your other point though; soon every player on AP will be a complete fish , AP shill or Superuser.

[/ QUOTE ]
are both wrong, where's theres fish, theres sharks. Some people will be willing to take the risk to play there.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:44 AM

Microbob,

I'm not sure when you left, but reading the first two posts of this thread will probably bring you up to date.

In brief: AJ Green is the (as yet unnamed) fall guy but probably also the culprit. Scott Tom was probably extremely negligent but maybe complicit. The AP statement has satisfied few.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some people will be willing to take the risk to play there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Could be.

Will be: Those same risk-takers will be back here in a year begging for someone (else) to plz gets my moinies back from the cheaters.... Please? KTHX.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some people will be willing to take the risk to play there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Could be.

Will be: Those same risk-takers will be back here in a year begging for someone (else) to plz gets my moinies back from the cheaters.... Please? KTHX.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is by no means a certainty, hence the term risk.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If they lose their license, can't they just start using servers from another site, without a license?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but the KGC will at least show that they are trying to be true regulatory body, and not having a license should impact AP's business somewhat. Some users will avoid them, some news stories will be written about it, some poker sites will avoid partnerships with them because of it, and some competitors will market against them using that fact. They may also lose some advertising opportunities.

It would be a great first step.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:51 AM

I am too paranoid to keep much money at any gambling site, assuming they might steal it some day. So I'm not too worried about continuing to play at AP - if they steal my money, it's about ten days profits. Big deal. For others, the reward to risk might be different though. But I bet I can last at least ten more days there before all Hell Breaks Loose. So it's a positive ev deal for me to keep playing there, since my rate of winning is higher there than at other sites. Plus the place has a possible value of more than a hundred million dollars. Whoever has the residual value of the place has a hundred million reasons to go ape [censored] to make it squeeky clean now.
Closed Thread