Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Zeitgeist part I - \"The Greatest Story Ever Told\" (Christianity,et

Some of us don't have the time or interest to listen to long winding interviews. From the list you gave earlier, it seems his sources are all pop culture books. No actual historian appears to agree with that account of Horus and the known Horus story itself doesn't fit with his claims.

[ QUOTE ]
Viewcount of the movie: 530K.

[/ QUOTE ]
So? That's nothing but an embarrassment if the movie's claims are false.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Zeitgeist part I - \"The Greatest Story Ever Told\" (Christianity,et

Part 3's part with JFK talking about the Bilderberg Group/secret societies that rule the world today is [censored] eery. Then a lone nut killed him of course ... right ?
Old 07-24-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Part 3's part with JFK talking about the Bilderberg Group/secret societies that rule the world today is [censored] eery. Then a lone nut killed him of course ... right ?

[/ QUOTE ]

James Fetzer - JFK
http://www.youtube.com/w/?v=a0rUiuNG1-E
Old 07-24-2007, 11:15 PM

Because its on the internet, it must be true! Da Vinci code part 2?

I stopped watching when they claimed Jesus was born on the 25th of December which everyone should know is just a feast day. It is no secret that the Early Church purposely Christianized pagan customs and practices to aid in evangelization.

There is no evidence to substantiate what the documentary is claiming about the beliefs of ancient religions, as has already been shown here by the lack of info on Horus.

Also, the Christian Gospels are an historical account of the life and acts of Jesus Christ written from four different perspectives. That they don't contradict while telling the same story is proof enough of their veracity as a historical document.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the Christian Gospels are an historical account of the life and acts of Jesus Christ written from four different perspectives. That they don't contradict while telling the same story is proof enough of their veracity as a historical document.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, not even close, unless you can establish authorship and independence of composition.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, not even close, unless you can establish authorship and independence of composition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, the authors are Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. And they wrote the gospels separately.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, the authors are Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. And they wrote the gospels separately.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol establishments
Old 07-25-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Viewcount of the movie: 530K.

[/ QUOTE ]
The fact that you have quoted viewcounts twice now makes me extremely skeptical before I even look at the first frame. Is the fact that lots of people watched this supposed to be evidence of something other than the fact that lots of people watched it? (Note that we don't even know how accurate the viewcounts are as those could easily be fudged or inflated.)
Old 07-25-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting, but not nearly as interesting as Part III

[/ QUOTE ]

The ironic thing is that the first part of the movie bashes Christianity, while the third part condemns an immoral banking system based on usury, the corruption of which is condemned by Christian teaching.

To change the world, the makers of this movie should unite Christians to their cause rather than hide in their parent's basement where the aliens can't find them.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The ironic thing is that the first part of the movie bashes Christianity, while the third part condemns an immoral banking system based on usury, the corruption of which is condemned by Christian teaching.

[/ QUOTE ]

and isn't it ironic? dont ya think. a little too ironic.