Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 10:02 PM

Default Iso raise..not so good.

My opponent seems fairly weak. He limps with a few hands. I don't think his raising standards are overly tight, I just don't think he's had any great cards. He has called down with marginal holdings but is willing to fold. I understand zeebos theorem plays into affect here, but my question is do you think I have the odds to call his bet on the river?

PokerStars $1/$2 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Converted by DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="#FF0000">CO raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, CO calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">CO bets</font>, Hero ??

edit: yeah the title does kinda suck. hmm didn't notice that. can ya tell its been awhile since I posted a hand...tried a new convertor. It outsmarted me.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Iso raise..not so good.

No converter? Usernames? O RLY?
Old 07-05-2007, 10:31 PM

I fold because I don't think you beat anything. The only hands that seem reasonable calling the flop are Kx, a pocket pair, or a spade draw. Two of those hands were ahead all the way and the other just got there. I think that if he called the flop with AQ/AJ or something with the sole intention of praying for a scare card to hit that he can bluff at, then good for him.

Also, PF is standard for me.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand zeebos theorem plays into affect here, but my question is do you think I have the odds to call his bet on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
Before you ask that, ask what you're beating. You lose to every single pocket pair, AK, A9, any Kx, and you chop with any Ax that isn't spades. In other words, basically zip.

Also, Zeebo's Theorem, if I understand it, is that nobody FOLDS a full house. There's a difference between simply not-folding and betting it out.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:45 PM

I fold preflop -- unless this guy is aggro which you haven't indicated.

Villain's betting pattern is pretty fishy. The only thing that makes sense to me here is a spade draw or medium pair. You lose to both; fold.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:08 PM

This raise preflop is all value baby. His range includes so much you are ahead of. I would clasify this a re-steal rather than isolation (but thats schemantics).

I don't know what to do on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2007, 11:10 PM

Crap, I didn't see we were in a steal situation. Standard.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:42 PM

PF is standard, I don't think there's much chance of winning on this river, it looks to me he's hit something either a K/9 or is holding a pp &amp; he doesn't want you to check thru the river.

The only time I would consider calling here is if Ima up against a complete moran that will peel with any two here &amp; then desperately bet on the river regardless (I've come across a couple of these types l8ly @ 2/4)
Old 07-06-2007, 03:09 AM

B, this river call is the sort of call that I eliminated from my game unless I have a specific read. My W2SD went down and my Winrate is up. They arent bluffing as much as they think they are...isnt that right Snitch [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2007, 03:31 AM

*grunch* I play it the same, including preflop, and fold on the river. I can't think of anything he could be holding (i.e. has called down so far with) that we beat.