Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Re: GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO

Ok will do, ty
Old 11-18-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 11-18-2007, 11:46 PM

blueman shipping out 10% while taking a loss is ridiculous. obviously, the stakees only share in the profits. why is this so difficult for people? anyway, writing up a nice contract is a good idea.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:55 PM

I think the stake you are offering is very fair, there are a lot of good small to mid stakes players who don't have the bankroll for the Million, but are still very much +EV in that field. Some people who have long, winning higher stakes records may feel that their share is meager, but they are probably just being staked for the hell of it and not because their bankroll demands it.

I placed in the money in the first staked tourney in BBV and really enjoyed it and greatly appreciate the people making it happen. I decided I like watching more than playing so I just sweat. I did consider offering to stake the staker, in other words buy a share of the stake, but I decided that was just too complicated.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll write it up for a stake next week, I've written contracts before.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be very grateful and you will most certainly get staked next week. PM me mid week and we can discuss it and plan a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

my two cents is that the stakees are being given a pretty nice gift here...that being said a clear understanding of the arrangement plays into anyone's motivation...tonite was fun but I personally think it's sill for stakees to get paid 10% if Blueman loses money on the deal...great team concept if the details can be ironed out to everyone's comfort level...especially Blues...

thanks again...
Old 11-19-2007, 12:06 AM

blueman maybe you should make some kind of structure that reduce the variance. Like 20/80 up to 2k, then 35/65 on the rest.

I dont get the point of the 10% share thing. If someone makes it deep ITM it would be kinda annoying to give out 10% of the money to other people just because they were staked by the same guy.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cashed for 663 so shipping 573 to bottomset.

thanks for the stake blueman, it was a lot of fun and very generous of you. i hope you get a lot of final tables because you deserve the good karma for giving a lot of players shots at this.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's not santa claus, you guys are an investment

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya rly, let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:08 AM

obv the 10% is only if he turns a profit...I thought that is what it was from the start.

I think its there to make the whole staking experience more of something for fun rather than a business venture. If someone makes it deep people will be sweating them even more than they did last weekend.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
blueman maybe you should make some kind of structure that reduce the variance. Like 20/80 up to 2k, then 35/65 on the rest.

I dont get the point of the 10% share thing. If someone makes it deep ITM it would be kinda annoying to give out 10% of the money to other people just because they were staked by the same guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, read your first paragraph and then read the second.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:10 AM

It really feels like a gift for people who are used to playing MTTs at the $30-50 level. They are basically getting a free buy in at that level for their investment of time. It doesn't feel as much like a gift to people who routinely play the Million. It is just a matter of perspective.
Closed Thread