Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2007, 10:00 AM

Default Pot given to wrong player

This game is run by the local fire company, it is very
informal most of the players know each other the dealers have no profesional training.

Last night was a small night we were playing 6 handed UTG decides to straddle, this is his first hand, folded around to the big blind who calls and we see a flop it comes 10 3 5 BB checks UTG bets 10 BB calls turn is another 10 BB fires 20 into the pot UTG goes all in for 86 more BB calls and shows 10 3 for the full house and UTG shows 10 4 and says Great I need a 4 river comes a 3 dealer pushes pot to BB, UTG says good game and leaves.

About 10 minutes later we are talking about the hand a player says that he really had to rub it in by hitting another 3 on the river. At this moment i realised what happened and asked the guy who won the pot if he was sure another 3 fell on the river he said yes everyone agreed and i tell them that the pot should have been split. they all agree after the fact. what if anything should be done when the loser of this pot comes back to play? Should he be told what happened, or just say well thats what you get for not reading your hand correctly?