Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: family support
I have enthusiastic support of my family regarding playing poker for an income 24 23.76%
I have lukewarm support from my family regarding playing poker for an income 36 35.64%
my family would prefer that I did something else for my income but let's me make my choices 35 34.65%
I am in a battle with my family over this career choice 6 5.94%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2007, 11:20 PM

Default Re: pictures of girls in threads

i'm not sure if that makes sense. mike deleted them, mostly giving me advice on why he wouldn't post it. he then suggested (key word suggested) that if i repost, i blur out the face. rereading it, it's pretty obv that he just took the liberty of deleting it for me while leaving it up to me to repost.

seriously i don't think its a big deal and i don't really think mike thought too hard about it before deleting it.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:50 AM

Unless there's a reason not to, I'd like a post to be made here regarding pictures and what you've been told. I'll have the attorney look.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:12 AM

Thanks for confirming what actually happened, nation. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I've discovered what an innocent guy like OJ must have felt like when all around there were suspicious glances.

Luckily, we're both in the clear now and can look back and laugh about it.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:00 PM

Mat,

adanthar hit the main points.

Here's where I've been told things that sound somewhat different than what you wrote:

"We have been informed by our attornies that "rules" are the way to trouble. If we make an official ruling regarding pictures, that means we have to actively scan the site and remove things."

I've been told that rules don't add liability and in fact often help protect you. Also if you say something like "xxx won't be allowed and if we see it we will remove the post and ban the user" it does not mean that you have to scan and remove the info, it just means that you do it when made aware of it.

"As it stands now, we keep ourselves safe by simply responding to requests."

Here I've been told that can vary depending on the content. Also, I've been told that the key point is often not whether or not there's a takedown request, but whether or not you could reasonably be expected to be aware of the content. So, if something is a very popular thread, or mods participate in the thread, or mods discuss the thread here, it could probably be said that you were actively allowing that content to stay on the site (as opposed to it just flowing through on your servers).

"I encourage mods to use their own judgment in deleting pictures they feel are hurtful in some way."

This is the specific part I felt attorneys I've spoken to in the past would have the biggest problem with. Basically for the reasons adanthar stated.

In a nutshell, I've been told that the recommended policy by a number of attorneys is to have very clear rules regarding what is allowed and not allowed, and to allow everything else to stay on the site unless a valid takedown request is received.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Thanks. This posts needs attorney review.

Thanks diablo. This issue and the prop bet issue will be investigated on the site by our attorney.

I'll update when i get an answer.