Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 04:56 AM

Default Re: Get your n00b out, uNL--Volume 2

10NL, We have a pocket pair (22-88) vs a short stack (40bb) He bets 2bb, do we call this crappy bet or raise? 3 situations:

<font color="red"> Your question isnt really clear. Do you mean preflop? Do you mean on the flop? What is the flop texture? What do you know about how the opponet plays? There are lots of details we need to know to answer this question properly. </font>

1) HU
2) Another player after us left to act
3) Another player before us who already called min-bet
Sub-question: lets say in situation 2 and 3, the players mentioned are short or full, does it change the situation?

What about against a full stack? (same question as #1, but against 100BB)

Crovax

<font color="green"> Against full stacks, sure, go ahead and call with your small pp's. Against a 40bb stack, if you are in position it's probably OK to call the 2 bb's and it'll be marginally profitable long term, but not really that profitable. If you are in the SB, you can fold it if the shortie is the only player involved. In the BB, probably call if others are involved too. </font>
Old 10-25-2007, 05:13 AM

Bump
Old 10-25-2007, 05:16 AM

Kind of a useless question IMO but maybe not:

How many of an individual hand in pokertracker is a significant sample. Like, say I have 200 KK hands. I assume this is not sufficient. But, what is? I know not to look at hands as a group like this but I *think* with a large enough sample if I'm a big loser with something then I can look through my hands and adjust. But, what is that number roughly?

<font color="red">You mean an individual hand? Like am I winning with 76s? I think you would need a huge sample. But the thing is I dont really think its important, because turning a profit with every hand you play is basically impossible, as many of your hands are just "dummies" to loosen your image and get you paid on your big hands.</font>
Old 10-25-2007, 05:18 AM

i didnt read the whole thread so if this been asked before sorry
i read somewhere where if you can count 14 out you are roughly even money
my question is for every out over 14 how much do you gain.
thanks

<font color="red">If you are talking about your all in equity on the flop, you are 50% with 14 outs, yes. Here's what it looks like as you go up, but bear in mind that this is pretty much irrelevant because having more than 14 outs is extremely rare.

15 outs 54%
16 outs 56%
17 outs 59%
18 outs 62%
19 outs 65%
20 outs 67%
Old 10-25-2007, 05:37 AM

I approve of this thread! imo
Old 10-25-2007, 06:06 AM

i used to play 1/2 and 2/4 but lost interest in the game and spent my bankroll on toys... that was a year and a half ago

im playing here and there again; i have a bankroll of ~$900 and 9tbl 25nl for a win-rate over 10ptbb/100

however, i still cannot bring myself to play. i will only grind for an hour (1k hands) once or twice a day every few days, and sometimes go a week w/o playing.

id like some suggestions to keep me dedicated to grinding it out until i reach stakes i find challenging

thanks, john

<font color="red">Decide to enjoy the game? Theres no real answer to this question, if you dont want to play, then dont play. If youre bored, try switching it up and playing live for a bit, or try some omaha or something, but no-one can make you "want" to play the game, that has to come from you.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:15 AM

Currently ground my $6 bankroll to $600. Started with small SnGs till ran awesome at the $4/180's on Stars while running goot at 10NL. Now I've moved up to 25NL (can't seem to win short handed) and appear to be doomswitched in all my donkaments, down 6 buyins and haven't cashed big due to variances and suckouts. Suggestions? Attempt to fix leaks in my game to beat 25NL while moving back down to 10NL? Decided to take a break this week and work on my stud8 game.

<font color="red">6 buyins is a nasty little downswing but nothing you should be too worried about. My suggestion to you is to do what makes you feel comfortable. I had a really bad downswing not too long ago that I knew was caused as much by my own bad play as by bad luck. To remedy this I stopped playing for a while, then moved back down to regain my confidence. I was well rolled for my level (50nl) so moving down to 25nl made me megarolled, so I was able to forget about the money and concentrate on playing well.

Never be afraid to move down. Your bankroll is far more important than "sticking it out" or whatever. </font>
Old 10-25-2007, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Currently ground my $6 bankroll to $600. Started with small SnGs till ran awesome at the $4/180's on Stars while running goot at 10NL. Now I've moved up to 25NL (can't seem to win short handed) and appear to be doomswitched in all my donkaments, down 6 buyins and haven't cashed big due to variances and suckouts. Suggestions? Attempt to fix leaks in my game to beat 25NL while moving back down to 10NL? Decided to take a break this week and work on my stud8 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I beat 25nl at party for a decent amount whilst playing terribly. When i moved to stars i had the roll for 25nl but decided to fix my leaks at 10nl since i didn't want the learning process to cost too much money.

Not sure whether others are meant to chime in in this thread, but i figured having been in the exact same spot i'd give me 2c.

So, yeah fix leaks at 10nl, its alot better for the long run imo
Old 10-25-2007, 06:27 AM

what's imo?

I remember this thread like half a year ago. I got great answers from it. thanks guys for doing this.

<font color="red">In My Opinion
Old 10-25-2007, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I beat 25nl at party for a decent amount whilst playing terribly. When i moved to stars i had the roll for 25nl but decided to fix my leaks at 10nl since i didn't want the learning process to cost too much money.

Not sure whether others are meant to chime in in this thread, but i figured having been in the exact same spot i'd give me 2c.

So, yeah fix leaks at 10nl, its alot better for the long run imo

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice. In regards to donkaments?:
Keep my same gameplays making the most conscious +ev decisions while chalking it up to variance? Or give into the doomswitch [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

This thread is awesome IMO. Thanks mods.

<font color="red">Variance is a bitch. Try to play through it, it'll all work out in the end.
Closed Thread