Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 02:29 PM

Default Re: 50NL: Interesting decision with a shortie

im just smooth calling to try and draw UTG into the pot with the intention of getting all in on the turn or river
Old 11-09-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im just smooth calling to try and draw UTG into the pot with the intention of getting all in on the turn or river

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think so too. With it being a 3 bet pot and the Ad out, it's very unlikely that he can be drawing to many outs. Calling, and inducing an overcall (or even better a shove) seems like the way to go. Given this board and action, it's very difficult for us to be behind. So I'm getting all in on this hand, but I would love for UTG to think he can move me here. EDIT: If there's an overcall the stack goes in on any turn.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think so too. With it being a 3 bet pot and the Ad out, it's very unlikely that he can be drawing to many outs. Calling, and inducing an overcall (or even better a shove) seems like the way to go. Given this board and action, it's very difficult for us to be behind. So I'm getting all in on this hand, but I would love for UTG to think he can move me here. EDIT: If there's an overcall the stack goes in on any turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

hes not gonna think he can move u unless hes a moran. Youve put in 27 dollars outta 50 if u call, and the pot is gonna be like over 100 if he pushes, there is no way in hell you could call and then fold. Put it in urself
Old 11-09-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

hes not gonna think he can move u unless hes a moran. Youve put in 27 dollars outta 50 if u call, and the pot is gonna be like over 100 if he pushes, there is no way in hell you could call and then fold. Put it in urself

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Do you agree that it is highly unlikely he is drawing to more than 2 outs? Because of this, there's almost no downside to calling here. Try and squeeze a little more out of him.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Do you agree that it is highly unlikely he is drawing to more than 2 outs? Because of this, there's almost no downside to calling here. Try and squeeze a little more out of him.

[/ QUOTE ]
as i said hes not gonna think he can push you off anything so hes prob not coming along vs 2 others with JJ-KK. I push to get value from badly played worse Aces, and believe it or not a fd is not outta the question here
Old 11-09-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

as i said hes not gonna think he can push you off anything so hes prob not coming along vs 2 others with JJ-KK. I push to get value from badly played worse Aces, and believe it or not a fd is not outta the question here

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as getting value from worse As, huh? If you call instead of shove, you think that makes it less likely for them to get money in? If they won't shove as a bluff over your call because they assume you're priced in, they certainly won't fold an actual hand on a later street facing the same odds. So this is a nonissue.

Flush draws are unlikely and not really worth worrying about, but I don't think they change much, because it's not like you can price them out on the flop anyway. I think the slim chance of getting bluffed at (or getting QQ-KK to hang around) is worth more than value that you miss from letting a flush draw peel for one card and then possibly folding the turn, which I think is unlikely.

The more I look at it, the more calling looks superior to shoving here.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as getting value from worse As, huh? If you call instead of shove, you think that makes it less likely for them to get money in? If they won't shove as a bluff over your call because they assume you're priced in, they certainly won't fold an actual hand on a later street facing the same odds. So this is a nonissue.

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree with this, its just the simple addage of "get it in before they know theyre behind. Like you said if its going in its going in, my personal preference is to get it in now.
[ QUOTE ]

Flush draws are unlikely and not really worth worrying about, but I don't think they change much, because it's not like you can price them out on the flop anyway. I think the slim chance of getting bluffed at (or getting QQ-KK to hang around) is worth more than value that you miss from letting a flush draw peel for one card and then possibly folding the turn, which I think is unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]
this would be easier to deem with reads on the opponent. Readless you have no clue if hes dumb enuff to come along with QQ or not, or if he is in the hand with KdQd. I still think the pot is so large that most villians will know u are committed and not come along drawing to 2 outs just bc u call. Who knows tho.

What range do u think utg puts u on flat calling?