Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 08:00 AM

Default 50NL 3 biggest net loss hands from last session - New to FR question?

I'm going to post the 3 hands that finished me stuck 3 BIs after 500 hands of 8 tabling 50nl. I have put it 100k+ hands at 6max, and have just recently (4k hands ago) started playing FR full time. I am very happy with the quality of games comparatively so far, but I want to get some opinions on these hands to see if I'm making FR mistakes or just std downswing session....Thx in advance

------------------
HAND #1
------------------

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $58.40
BTN: $38.80
SB: $60.35
BB: $42.70
UTG: $9.50
Hero (UTG+1): $50.65
MP1: $28.45
MP2: $36.65

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG+1)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $4</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $16</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $58.40 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $34.65 and is All-In

Flop: ($102.05) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: ($102.05) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($102.05) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $102.05 Pot ($3 Rake)
CO showed A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Eights) and WON $99.05 (+$48.40 NET)
Hero showed K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Eights) and LOST (-$50.65 NET)

------------------
HAND #2
------------------

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players

Hero (CO): $53.20
BTN: $49.20
SB: $47.75
BB: $121.80
UTG: $50
UTG+1: $14.50
UTG+2: $48.25
MP1: $53.80
MP2: $57

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
5 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $5</font>, SB folds, BB calls $4.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $16.50</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $49.20 and is All-In</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $32.70

Flop: ($103.65) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: ($103.65) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($103.65) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $103.65 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero showed K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Kings) and LOST (-$49.20 NET)
BTN showed A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and WON $100.65 (+$51.45 NET)

------------------
HAND #3
------------------

CO: $79.40
BTN: $23.25
SB: $6.80
Hero (BB): $50
UTG: $9.20
UTG+1: $47
MP1: $7.50
MP2: $20.90

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.50, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.50, CO folds, BTN calls $0.50, SB folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($2.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to $4</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($10.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG+1 bets $10.25</font>, Hero calls $10.25

River: ($30.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG+1 bets $30.75</font>, Hero calls $30.75

Results: $92.25 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero mucked J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Sixes) and LOST (-$45.50 NET)
UTG+1 showed A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Kings) and WON $89.25 (+$43.75 NET)
Old 11-16-2007, 08:08 AM

Default Re: 3 biggest net loss hands from last session - New to FR question?

Hand two, is just a cooler.

Hands one and three, however, you overplayed.

Hand 1:Unless you have a read that villian will get it AI preflop w Ax, generally stacking off PF is bad at FR.

Hand 3: I guess you are calling turn/river b/c you believe you'll have a split?!? You are ahead of nothing except a total bluff really and calling for splits is just terrible in this spot. 6-max or full rung
Old 11-16-2007, 08:14 AM

Fold hand 1 to the shove, even the 3bet of yours is at least questioable.
Hand 2: any reads on villain? It's tough to lay down KK PF but if he is a nit then there is really no other hand he would do this PF other than AA.
Hand 3: Fold on the flop. You beat nothing here expcept for QQ or JJ, you def overplayed this hand.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:20 AM

First hand: Reads would help, not too bad though. You shouldn't be felting AK pf as much as at 6-max.

Second hand: Cooler, you are never folding.

Third hand: Don't like leading flop into so many players, I prefer to check, see what develops and then make my decision. As played bet the turn, fold to a raise. You've definitely got to fold on the river to an average opponent, they aren't triple barrelling with a hand that doesn't beat AJ IMO. Pot semi-bluffing the turn and pot bluffing the river with a flush draw seems a little unlikely to me.

8-tabling I'm assuming you are using PAHUD, if not, get it onto it! In the future post stats/reads if you have any, helps with analysis. Also, it is better if you don't post results, you get better feedback that way.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:53 AM

I am using HUD, but haven't done as much datamining as I have at 6max.

The AJ hand was weird because he open limped PF. I guess it's not completely unreasonable for me to put him on AK when he pots the turn, trying to charge me for a FD, but I think you're right Berge....I think he is splitting&gt;ahead&gt;bluffing making my calls -eV, agreed?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:11 AM

bump one time for response to my above comment?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:36 AM

Yes, there is no real value in calling his turn bet. At best you are splitting (except for rare times he's bluffing)
Old 11-16-2007, 10:39 AM

Hand 1: I haven't found going AI with AK preflop to be +EV since 10NL FR. Of course, when I have a read that villain will get silly preflop with Ax, I'll give it a shot, but otherwise not.

Hand 2: Played fine. The only time I wouldn't get it in here is if villain was like...7/1/1. LOL

Hand 3: I almost always check this flop (especially if there is an EP limper). Betting out on the flop will let you know where you stand, but checking and seeing who bets out will give you some information too. As played, you're only ahead of AT and I doubt that AT is raising flop and PSBing the turn and river. Fold to the turn bet, and maybe even to the flop raise.

To be honest, I think it's more like he's ahead/bluffing/splitting, with heavy emphasis on the first one. I think that it's rare that people will bluff against someone in the blinds in a limped pot because there's much less information to go on in terms of putting them on a range. You could very well be here with K6/A6, since you checked your option in the BB. Frankly, I'm surprised he made such a huge bet on the river.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:50 AM

Didn't read the thread, but I did want to make a comment.

When you play a winning session of NL poker, you will find that most of your profit for the session comes from just one or two big hands. The whole rest of the time you and your opponents will just be passing 5-10BB back and forth.

The same thing will be true for a losing session. You and your opponents will pass chips back and forth, then you'll get busted with set over set, or an A-high flush will bust your K-high flush.

So don't be too concerned if you have a losing session and it's all due to 1-2 hands.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

------------------
HAND #3
------------------

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.50, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.50, CO folds, BTN calls $0.50, SB folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($2.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to $4</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $2

[/ QUOTE ]

What's up with the hand converter? He's got 2pair suited before the flop, and he hits a flush and a full house on the flop. All In Baby!

Seriously, last night I was doing well on all but 1 table, and tilted away 1.5 buyins to the guy on my left who seemed to have my number for some reason. I definitely overplayed some mediocre hands, and he took advantage of his position very well. In hindsight, I should have just left the table, and stopped trying to play back. A few bad decisions can ruin a night, particularly when you don't play enough volume to make up for it quickly.