Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Talk me out of this

[ QUOTE ]
I agree. Don't do it. Is it worth raising your risk of ruin to 25-50%? I mean, you can get by with 10BI, if you run hot right out of the gate, but can get cold decked and knocked back down to NL10, where you shouldn't spend any more time if you're already beating NL25.

That said, and not wanting to start a seperate thread, is it worth getting Cardrunners to help me move from NL50 to NL100? I've been thinking about playing a fair mix of 6-max, too, to work on my blind play, etc. I have a pretty modest win rate at NL50 and definitely some holes in my game, but the bankroll's fine. I watched skydancing8's, bottomset's, and splitsuit's videos and found them helpful (thanks, guys). Are the cardrunner videos similar? (presumably less cursing than SS's but w/e)

[/ QUOTE ]

link to vids anyone ?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:54 AM

Cardrunners is great BTW.

I just watched Sbrugby and Stinger play PLO vs each other. They both made a video of the same session so you could see what the two of them had against each other. Very interesting.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:57 AM

i remember being able to build much faster at 10nl playing super tight rather than trying to play good poker at 25nl. you should do that for a while and play a fuckton of tables.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cardrunners is great BTW.

I just watched Sbrugby and Stinger play PLO vs each other. They both made a video of the same session so you could see what the two of them had against each other. Very interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are my favorite CR vids of all time, and I don't even play PLO hardly at all. Just fantastic commentary.

OP, Cardrunners is a great investment, but it sounds like you need to continue grinding up your roll for now. Sign up for Cardrunners once you are properly rolled for NL50 and don't look back.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:23 PM

Spend $250 on CR when you have a $500 roll?
Old 11-14-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree. Don't do it. Is it worth raising your risk of ruin to 25-50%? I mean, you can get by with 10BI, if you run hot right out of the gate, but can get cold decked and knocked back down to NL10, where you shouldn't spend any more time if you're already beating NL25.

That said, and not wanting to start a seperate thread, is it worth getting Cardrunners to help me move from NL50 to NL100? I've been thinking about playing a fair mix of 6-max, too, to work on my blind play, etc. I have a pretty modest win rate at NL50 and definitely some holes in my game, but the bankroll's fine. I watched skydancing8's, bottomset's, and splitsuit's videos and found them helpful (thanks, guys). Are the cardrunner videos similar? (presumably less cursing than SS's but w/e)

[/ QUOTE ]

link to vids anyone ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check the full ring master sticky. There's a bunch of them towards the bottom, above the Pooh-Bah posts.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:00 AM

OK, you guys got through to me.

Rather than buy 6 months of card runners and play 25NL with only 10 buy-ins, I decided to hold off on Cardrunners and take a shot at 50NL with only 10 buy-ins.

So far I'm up 50bb. And while I haven't noticed any real difference in the quality of play (donks still pay off my straights & flushes w/ top pair), I have noticed that competition for the juiciest tables is tougher.

I'll stay at 50NL until I either donk off a few buy-ins or grow my roll to 2k. Once my roll hits 2K I'll buy Cardrunners and take a shot at 100NL.

Thanks guys!

phy
Old 11-16-2007, 03:03 AM

teach me how to hit str8s and flushes and ill buy u 3years of CR

and no...im not kidding

(glad to hear u made a +EV choice tho. tho i might hold off on that perma-shot at 50nl till ur BR is a bit bigger)
Old 11-16-2007, 03:21 AM

I'm not crushing it or anything, but 50NL is really not that hard. My feeling is that as long as you're good at the level you're at, the next level isn't really going to be that tough. Just run gooood [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]