Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 08:28 PM

Default [10nl] 6max, how to get away from these hands

I have a leak, and I want to get rid of it ofcourse, i think i call too much with holdings that i find good, but i get beaten too much, here's some examples, if u want to help me, tell me when i can get away from a hand, when i should get away, how i can see i'm beat, etc etc cuz i just can't seem to see it..

villains are
hand 1 - 35/6.25
hand 2 - 60/24.5
hand 3 - 30/19.5
------------------
HAND #1
------------------

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $5.85
BB: $22.50
UTG: $7.85
Hero (CO): $16.45
BTN: $5.20

Pre-Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.30</font>, Hero calls $0.30, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $0.60</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.60) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.50</font>, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($2.60) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1

River: ($4.60) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.10</font>, Hero calls $0.10

------------------
HAND #2
------------------

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

MP: $11.60
CO: $10
BTN: $21
SB: $13.55
Hero (BB): $28.90
UTG: $2

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, CO folds, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.50</font>, Hero calls $0.50, UTG folds, MP calls $0.50, BTN folds

Turn: ($2) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $1</font>, SB calls $1, Hero calls $1

River: ($5) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $5</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $5

------------------
HAND #3
------------------

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players

BTN: $9.60
SB: $22.15
BB: $2.65
UTG: $4.70
Hero (CO): $10.40

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, BTN calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.95) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.70</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.70</font>, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($4.35) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $2.20</font>, Hero calls $2.20

River: ($8.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4
Old 11-10-2007, 08:55 PM

Default Re: [10nl] 6max, how to get away from these hands

how retarded is that?

1. fold flop, please look at it and tell me: You want to play that for set/str8 value - drawing dead?
2. raise the flop raise that [censored] R A I S E You tight/passive bastard. RAISE THAT!. as played lead turn,fold river
3. after his 3-bet at flop, I put him on strong ace or already two pairs/set. I believe AK will reraise pf so he has AQ just like You or set. I will lead turn and fold to a raise. As You're pretty much beaten everytime there.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:26 PM

Either miciczka is drunk or just an A-hole in general. Perhaps both. You're here to learn and that's good. Screw that guy.

At any rate, SB 3-bet PF in Hand 1, which tightens his range probably to JJ+ or big aces (prob AQ,AK). If the aces are suited, he may have the nuts here and be leading you along. A straight and set is no good here, and if he has an overpair (even one without a club) you are far behind. A generally good rule until you get more experience is to play mid PPs (TT and below, maybe even JJ and below) for set value only, and fold the flop if unimproved and facing a bet.

Hand 2: AJ here is a good candidate for making a squeeze from the BB, but I don't hate the check. After you pair on the flop, you need to test SB's strength. I doubt he's just completing AQ and AK, but maybe he has Ace-rag that made 2 pair or a low pair that made a set. Raise to $1.5 or so for two reasons: 1) discourage players left to act from calling and hopefully get the pot Head Up, and 2) you have a strong chance of winning right there, if he calls you're in position and can re-evaluate SB's strength on the turn. If he reraises, it's an easy fold.

Hand 3: I don't hate the call you made on the flop, but I donk-bet the turn (bet into him even though he's showed strenght). If he raises, you can find a pretty easy fold. If he folds, rock and roll. But the major problem with c/c here is that it gives you no new information. He showed strength on the flop by raising, so if you check on the turn he's 70% or more to bet with whatever he's holding, so you learn little. The best play here is to say, "if he bets 2.2, would I call?" The answer for you here was "yes," so it's better to go ahead and bet it yourself. If he calls, you've invested just as much, but might get a cheap showdown if you check the river, and you force him to reveal a little more about the strength of his hand.

A big lesson I learned that helped was to make bets that forced opponents to reveal information. Even if they reraise and you have to fold, you've saved yourself a river bet and played closer to perfectly. This saves you money.

Finally, a quote I heard, and I don't remember where... I think it was a book, was "the biggest mistake you can make in Texas Hold 'Em is to call." Raising when behind is much more forgivable than just calling when behind. Making aggressive mistakes is better than making passive ones, since it makes your opponent play incorrectly more often than playing passively. Sorry for the long response and about 50 million bits of advice.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:09 AM

sorry not accepted, thank you very much for the info, it sure helped alot!
Old 11-11-2007, 10:22 AM

The only hand that is ok is hand3. Fold in all the other, hand 1 is a flop fold, hand 2 is a river fold.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:52 AM

omg!

There`s something very essential you should learn I think:

-The fold-botton is on left =&gt; Use it!
-The raise-botton is on the right =&gt; Use it!
-Just forget that this f***ing retarded botton in the middle exists ;-)
Old 11-11-2007, 11:52 AM

Personally, I dont think hand one is terrible, could be overplaying high cards.

Hand 2 raise pre please. as played, raise flop please.,
hand 3 i personally would push flop against a guy like that, but calling it down isnt bad either.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:20 PM

this is the learning section of the forum right? Plz if u dont have anything to comment like gesangsverein, go to BBV or something, i'm asking for advice, not total crap
Old 11-11-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
omg!

There`s something very essential you should learn I think:

-The fold-botton is on left =&gt; Use it!
-The raise-botton is on the right =&gt; Use it!
-Just forget that this f***ing retarded botton in the middle exists ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1: please please please fold the flop. If you do choose to play this hand, for the love of God, raise.
Hand 2: I like a 3bet on the flop
Hand 3: I don't think I'm calling this turn