Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 11-19-2007, 01:46 AM

Default flush draw v. piejay 25/50 HU

Piejay is a unique player. He plays around 75/50ish HU, raising nearly all hands on the button and reraising around 8-10% of hands from the bb. He also has the unique characteristic of getting increasily more aggressive per street, with a turn agg factor in the mid-3s and a river agg factor approaching the mid 4s. This is contrasted with a flop agg factor of 1. He routinely peels flop with any pair, any ace high, any draw (including gutters). He also will check call with big hands (enabling him to "come alive" on later streets) He also tends to bluff in random spots.

Earlier on in the match, we had played a hand where I raised QJo on the btn, flop was AJ7r, chk chk, turn 9 badugi, he checked, I bet 300, he CRed full pot to 1200, and I called. River brick, chk chk q8o no good.

Onto the hand in question.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $50 BB (2 handed) Ultimate Bet Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($8706.75)
Hero ($10111.30)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $150</font>, BB calls $100.

Flop: ($300) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $250</font>, BB calls $250.

Turn: ($800) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $700</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $2500</font>,

HERO???

What do people think about betting this turn in the first place. Because the board is drawy and both draws missed, he is calling with any pair really depending on mood.

I have been double barreling a fair amount and he probably views me as a solid but predictable player.

What do people think of this turn action.

I could see arguments for 1) checking turn behind 2) calling his raise 3) shoving 4) folding.

He certainly is capable of bluff raising here, and I'm not sure what he's capable of laying down.

FWIW I think his turn CRing range is fairly wide here, especially if he thinks I'm on a draw.

Advice appreciated,
dlpnyc21
Old 11-19-2007, 01:53 AM

Default Re: flush draw v. piejay 25/50 HU

calllllll callc alcl acllcal

edit: that said, I dno what to do on total river blanks, or A/Q and he shoves. given that his AF goes up I probably call when I pair up...does that mean you should just shove turn?
Old 11-19-2007, 01:56 AM

he wont fold anything to a turn shove you should call turn. Im not sure how I feel about betting it here but betting the teh QJ hand seems kinda gross especially since you almost always have him call river bets with worse or get to call his dumb riv bluffs.

Its hard to tell if you should bet the turn in the hand you posted because my matches (I used to play him a lot months ago) go a lot differently then your I would bet since it seems you bet way more turns in position. Betting is probably fine this deep but I dont think I would shove.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

am I calling only to hit? Do you think he will ever c/f if diamonds or spades hits? what do you think his range is here?
Old 11-19-2007, 01:58 AM

vs pie in this spot i think u truly have 9 outs tops.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't think he's ever cring a combo draw here? what about the QJ hand? I think I could also be ahead sometimes if he has q10dd or something like that, gutty+diamonds.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so do you bet turn? and if you are raised, like I was, you are folding, correct?
Old 11-19-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

edit: that said, I dno what to do on total river blanks, or A/Q and he shoves. given that his AF goes up I probably call when I pair up...does that mean you should just shove turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

not a fan of any of this logic
Old 11-19-2007, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an easy fold vs piejay and only piejay imo (not saying i wouldnt fold it to others, but vs him I think its much much easier fold)
Old 11-19-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an easy fold vs piejay and only piejay imo (not saying i wouldnt fold it to others, but vs him I think its much much easier fold)

[/ QUOTE ]

so are u betting this turn?