Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Guy crashes into my truck, his fault, gives false insurance info

Stop asking a message forum that loves to give unqualified advice, and call your insurance company to ask for theirs.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:12 PM

OK I see this EVERYDAY in my line of work, seriously everyday... Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do here. It is HIS word against your sons. The police will not do anything now. Always, Always, Always get a police report when there is an accident. The only time you can't, is if you get hit on private property, and the law says the police cannot come out on private property in that county. I don't know why everyone here is saying get the police involved, it's too late. I would NOT go knocking on the guys door, that will only cause problems. PM me if you need more information, thanks.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:13 PM

If I were you, I would call your insurance agent ASAP because dealing with this stuff is their job. Also, I can't understand why the cops would not make a report for any accident. The report is the best proof that the accident was not your son's fault.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
obviously get the cops involved, but how does this even happen? I mean, don't you usually look at the insurance papers when the accident happens?

[/ QUOTE ]

His insurance paper looked legit to me and the cop, but turned out to be fake. So I need to call the cop back again? What's he gona do, go to the guys house? And when nobody answers the door, what then?

The cop didn't want to write a report, said we didn't need one, but asked if I wanted one filed anyway. Damn, I SHOULD have made him do it anyway, thats my $250 mistake, and at the time it looked like all the guy's info was correct and would be easily handled.

My insurance company says they can't go after this guy, they just either need his Ins info or I have to file a claim against my policy that an uninsured motorist hit me.. They're not being very helpful, but I guess there isn't much they can do.

So the guy is driving an uninsured car, is a liar, gives fake info to me and a cop, and will prob get away with it. Sounds like in a year or so (after he's forgotten about me) he should be without transportation somehow. I'll need to do some research on how to best get away with my revenge schemes. I have a good friend who can help me out there so I'm not "directly" involved. This should be fun.. tho sucks just the same.

Oh well, live n learn... more suggestions appreciated tho if ya got any.

L8r.. BB
Old 11-05-2007, 06:22 PM

If this guy is showing a Policeman fake documents I would think the authorities would want to get involved.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:30 PM

Crash into him next time you see him driving..
Old 11-05-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK I see this EVERYDAY in my line of work, seriously everyday... Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do here. It is HIS word against your sons. The police will not do anything now. Always, Always, Always get a police report when there is an accident. The only time you can't, is if you get hit on private property, and the law says the police cannot come out on private property in that county. I don't know why everyone here is saying get the police involved, it's too late. I would NOT go knocking on the guys door, that will only cause problems. PM me if you need more information, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your a noob w/ 42 posts. The OP won't listen to you.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:40 PM

You can no doubt sue him for the damages, but that would be a bigger hassle than 250 bucks is worth. But, i think it might be worth threatening him with suing him for the entire amount unless he pays your 250 deductible. I dunno how it works, you could probably even initiate a small claims court case for the whole amount then tell him to give you 250 and hope he does it.

I'm not sure what the police heard, but if he admitted in front of the police, you can probably tell him the cop said he'd testify for you or something.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:41 PM

First, you should definitely report the accident to your insurance company. If he is uninsured, and it sounds like that's the case, then your insurance company is required to cover the damages under the uninsured motorist provisions of your insurance policy. If you delay reporting the claim, your insurance company may deny coverage (you have a duty to report all claims promptly under the terms of your insurance policy).

Second, the guy almost definitely doesn't have insurance. He wouldnt lie to you if he did.

Third, call the police and explain the situation. Ask if you can come to the station and make a report. Give the police all the information you have and explain that the guy lied about his insurance information. You say that he pulled in front of your son -- he will probably lie and say that your son rear-ended him -- a police report may be helpul for insurance purposes. The best way to get the police to make a report is to be very nice to them.

Fourth, ask your insurance company if they will go after the guy for your deductible. Sometimes when insurance companies pay you for the damages to your vehicle, they still go after the responsible party (this is called subrogation).

Fifth, I might try to call the guy and lean on him a little to pay for the damages and threaten a lawsuit, but I wouldn't go any farther than that. It's not worth it to face criminal charges to get even with the guy.

Good luck.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:44 PM

make sure you think to call him godfather