Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 03:05 AM

Default 40-80 Commerce Line - Way Ahead Heads Up

My image is terrible, well-deserved. But I'm against a middle position raiser, who just joined the table, which I called heads up from the big blind with JJ. Flop is Js-Ks-8x. I check, he bets, I call. Turn is case J. You bet or check?

I hear you on the complaints on how I should have likely re-raised before the flop, led out on the flop, and/or most definitely should have check-raised after I didn't. But all that's behind us. Check or bet heads-up with Quads after the Turn against an unknown opponent? Thanks!
Old 11-05-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: 40-80 Commerce Line - Way Ahead Heads Up

I dont think it really matters at this point. You pretty much gave up on getting value out of this hand when you just called pf and cc on the flop. I suppose you should try to c/r since he cant put you on a J.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My image is terrible, well-deserved. But I'm against a middle position raiser, who just joined the table, which I called heads up from the big blind with JJ. Flop is Js-Ks-8x. I check, he bets, I call. Turn is case J. You bet or check?

I hear you on the complaints on how I should have likely re-raised before the flop, led out on the flop, and/or most definitely should have check-raised after I didn't. But all that's behind us. Check or bet heads-up with Quads after the Turn against an unknown opponent? Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Barf.

3 bet pf, bet flop, bet turn. If raised on the flop, consider calling/sexy turn. But prolly just 3 bet and gas it again on the turn.

By failing to 3 bet pf, you made turn card such a difficult decision and one that is player dependant. If your opponent has AK or AA, any bet you make is going to look like trip jacks. So its not like you are getting a ton of bets anyway unless your opponent has exactly KK in which case it doesn't matter how you play it as long as you keep raising.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:56 AM

You should have likely re-raised before the flop, led out on the flop, and/or most definitely should have check-raised after you didn't.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:37 AM

You slowplayed a pair of jacks, then slowplayed a set of jacks, so hell make it a trifecta and slowplay quads.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But all that's behind us. Check or bet heads-up with Quads after the Turn against an unknown opponent? Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say bet, but it really doesn't matter what you do. It should such an exceedingly rare situation - that you make quads heads-up on the turn without ever having bet or raised - that you could probably muck every time that it happens and it wouldn't affect your win rate.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd say bet, but it really doesn't matter what you do. It should such an exceedingly rare situation - that you make quads heads-up on the turn without ever having bet or raised - that you could probably muck every time that it happens and it wouldn't affect your win rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

i could muck and also give away $10 million every time i'm in this situation and it still wouldn't affect my winrate
Old 11-05-2007, 06:13 AM

"it really doesn't matter what you do"

wow see that's just really wrong. weird stuff happens all the time lhe, making mortal nuts hands is not rare at all and is worthy of discussion. how you play each hand really does matter. the apathy of "it doesnt matter", or its cousin, the way overused "it's close" are mediocre, non-commital, and non-analytical. yuck.

it does matter. you should check because you have the guy crushed and dont want to scare him off some hand that might pair on the river if he checks plus he might happily bet or bluff if checked to. against most players you will make significantly more here by checking.

that said, your play pf and on the flop are non-standard and you need to recognize that a lot of really good 40-80 players on here would routinely 3 bet your hand pf and/or c/r the flop if they had just called p/f, and theyd have several excellent reasons for doing so.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

wow see that's just really wrong. weird stuff happens all the time lhe, making mortal nuts hands is not rare at all and is worthy of discussion. how you play each hand really does matter. the apathy of "it doesnt matter", or its cousin, the way overused "it's close" are mediocre, non-commital, and non-analytical. yuck.

it does matter. you should check because you have the guy crushed and dont want to scare him off some hand that might pair on the river if he checks plus he might happily bet or bluff if checked to. against most players you will make significantly more here by checking.

that said, your play pf and on the flop are non-standard and you need to recognize that a lot of really good 40-80 players on here would routinely 3 bet your hand pf and/or c/r the flop if they had just called p/f, and theyd have several excellent reasons for doing so.

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn, that was really well-spoken. Diplomatic, insightful, articulate and, best of all, flame-free. I think I have a new favorite poster.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn, that was really well-spoken. Diplomatic, insightful, articulate and, best of all, flame-free. I think I have a new favorite poster.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was mine first!