Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (9/3)

The table talk is just getting annoying now like everybody has alluded to. Phil Laak really isn't funny, he is a huge nit that sucks at poker, and on top of that he's a giant douchebag.

That Brandon guy reminds me of Dane Cook with the way he looks/sounds and the fact that he tries too hard to be funny.

Matusow and Hellmuth are both who they've always been, no surprises here. Matusow made a couple of really risky plays that worked out, but I'd say they were probably bad. He got bluffed out in the 72 hand vs Hellmuth in the beggining of the season and since then he just decided to never fold to anybody.

I still think Antonio is a cool guy, doesn't go overboard with the table talk and seems to act like himself instead of a bad cartoon character (ie Laak).

Overall this lineup isn't too interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the table we saw at the end of last season's HSP with Booth, Ivey, Antonius, Negreanu, Greenstein, etc. (missing a bunch). Also Jman will be cool to watch when he gets on.

Also do we really need to keep the camera on Brandon for 5 minutes every time he debates whether or not to raise/call/fold?
Old 09-05-2007, 09:40 PM

I'd love to see many of those players in my live game (£1-£2). Solario and Brandon in particular, but Hellmuth also seems very exploitable. In my opinion, Solario has played one hand decently so far, while Brandon manages to win the minimum despite struck unconcious by the deck.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:38 AM

Solario is 5x better than he comes off of on this show so far.

Glad you guys are so quick to judge. (what 12h hands, maybe 15?)
Old 09-06-2007, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The table talk is just getting annoying now like everybody has alluded to. Phil Laak really isn't funny, he is a huge nit that sucks at poker, and on top of that he's a giant douchebag.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not hard to see why Todd made his "rather be at the dentist comment". You're at a table of grown men, and they're all acting like clowns. On top of that each hand takes like 7/8 minutes to play out because each person has to get their little performance in for TV time.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd love to see many of those players in my live game (£1-£2). Solario and Brandon in particular, but Hellmuth also seems very exploitable. In my opinion, Solario has played one hand decently so far, while Brandon manages to win the minimum despite struck unconcious by the deck.

[/ QUOTE ]

i lol'd

So far Brandon has played pretty straightforward and has been slapped in the face by the deck and have fun setmining and expecting to get paid off everytime you have a hand against Solario in your £1-£2 live game. "wow he called turn with king high this guy is a huuuuge calling station valuetown here I come just let me make the nuts one time"
Old 09-06-2007, 09:55 PM

Comments

1. You are all correct about Brandon. He sucks. No need to waste more space on him.

2. Can't wait for when the big boys come money wise (500k buyin)...that will dominate this season.

3. I actually like Laak and Esfandiari.

4. About the Hellmuth hand vs Brandon. Why are people making fun of Hellmuth? His weird play worked. Harp on Brandon.

5. These people are not good at NL holdem and its becoming more and more apparent. Esfandiari impresses me. Todd Brunson is not a superstar NL player, the 2 new guys are mediocre/bad, Hellmuth is still a tournament player no matter how he does at this table, Matusow loses money for a reason, Laak is uber nitty like we already know from seasons 2 and 3, Voulgaris (???), I want to know more about big Har. maybe he's okay.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:02 AM

At least Hellmuth got Todd Brunson to crack up.

Esfandiari was a riot.

Probanly the best HSP episode yet.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:47 AM

I will never understand why BB just called when he hit a totally hidden monster...
Old 09-07-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will never understand why BB just called when he hit a totally hidden monster...

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv knew Hellmuth couldn't call a raise and wanted to see his cards. Expert play.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Silly boy. He wanted to be in the grid.