Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which theme song?
(Original) Rock Around The Clock 3 60.00%
(Later) Happy Days 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Simple Poll

What's the definition of correct?

For those two groups, if correct means functional, then could it be claimed that both sets of precepts are correct for certain subpopulations?

Another question would revolve around the definition of reality. Some philosophers would argue for multiple subjective realities.

There's also the issue of how much is knowable.

This forum needs high- or medium- falutin' philosophers, if not to arrive at better answers, then to define the various issues at hand.

Let's turn to the concept of truth rather than correctness.

Now answer me this, a serious physics question: what is the probability of dropping an object such as a dildo* such that it passes THROUGH the surface of a solid, thick metal table?

Guess what? It's not zero (and yes, there is a source, my apologies for being delinquent by not providing it now).

Problem is (or is it?) the probability of either of these sets of precepts are hard to prove as being precisely zero.

* I just used dildo to lighten up your day.
Use a pokerstars stressball if you want to clean it up.

P.S. I just realized I may have used a simple fallacy in the latter part of this post, anyways, have fun finding it! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]