Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 10:44 AM

Default development question

I am a flash developer with an urge to fool around and create my own odds calculator. I have seen some professional calculators that can actually see the hole cards and community on the table you are playing at and i would like mine to be able to do the same. The question is, how do i get this information real time? I am using full tilt?

anyone?
Old 11-20-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: development question

Screenshots and comparing parts of the screenshot to known card images.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:53 AM

uhm, that does not seem feezable.. i was thinking that some how the software is receiving and sending data back to the fulltilt site, and hoping to be able to read this information in real time just as the table software is..
Old 11-20-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
uhm, that does not seem feezable.. i was thinking that some how the software is receiving and sending data back to the fulltilt site, and hoping to be able to read this information in real time just as the table software is..

[/ QUOTE ]

the key words here being "some how"
Old 11-20-2007, 11:16 AM

awe come on, dont pick on me.. just trying to learn here..
Old 11-20-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
uhm, that does not seem feezable to me.

[/ QUOTE ] fyp

It is far easier to read the screen than sniff/spoof packets or implement memory scanning. Sites like stars don't write holecards to chat. It isn't difficult to parse the text if the site writes everything there. Learn the windows API.

Good luck with your project. Nothing like dismissing correct information out of hand. Really inspires others to help out.

Mike
Old 11-20-2007, 11:40 AM

OK! a longer version...

the data to/from the clients is almost always encrypted to prevent automated collusion by hole card sharing.

the board cards are usually read by pattern matching or checksum, or sometimes by dealer chat.

your own hole cards are usually read by pattern matching or checksum

the opponent hole cards are not available until showdown (pattern matching or checksum, or dealer chat) or unless they are mucked (available from HH file after hand is complete)

there are some variations in the methods available or necessary at different sites

it is somewhat convoluted, but doable
Old 11-20-2007, 07:01 PM

thanks.. I hope i was not coming across the wrong way, i am actually just a action script programmer who thought this might be a fun project to use as way to expand my knowledge base. forgive me for my ignoromusnesnessness, buti don't even know what windows API is.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks.. I hope i was not coming across the wrong way, i am actually just a action script programmer who thought this might be a fun project to use as way to expand my knowledge base. forgive me for my ignoromusnesnessness, buti don't even know what windows API is.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/aa139672.aspx

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 11:32 AM

Ive also been doing something like this, had no problems with party & PS , but ongame client is puzzling me, can't find anything shown in the chat box screen in memory, also their listbox with actions doesn't seem like something which would respond to get_text, although as i see it pokeroffice only scans cards when full chat is enabled so its either pulling it from the listbox, or somewhere in memory. Id really appreciate if someone would share some knowledge on this topic, although i would understand it being a secret "know-how", but always worth a try..