Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Flopped two pair on flushy flop and LOT of action...It\'s to you...

UTG+1 is 17/2/2 in 240 hands

MP1 is 12.6/4.7/2.7 in 13,000 hands.

CO is 19/5/3 in 290 hands

I haven't been doing anything out of the norm, and my game
is TAG overall.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $99.65
UTG+1: $109.65
MP1: $114.80
MP2: $111.70
MP3: $102.80
CO: $98.50
Button: $115.10
SB: $17.50
Hero: $108.10

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $4</font>, MP1 calls, 2 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($16.5, 4 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets $13.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $35</font>, <font color="#cc0000"> HERO...

HERO raises how much? I'm curious about what most people would do here. How much do you raise? (all-in I assume? Or less?) Or something else?
Thanks
Old 07-03-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Flopped two pair on flushy flop and LOT of action...It\'s to you...

I would have led the flop myself.

Given that action, I'd fold actually. Lower two pairs are basically impossible, and CO has a set here a lot.

If you do continue with this hand, you have to shove.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:24 AM

I would fold this PF because we're OOP. Is this standard?

On the flop, we still have the PFR yet to act, which cannot be discounted. If we aren't in bad shape to a set already, then the straight, flush and higher two pair draws threaten us heavily. The two PF cold callers waking up indicates set. Definitely do not call. On balance, I'd say fold.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:36 AM

I would fold, unfortunate, but it's a fold for me too. If I am ahead (which I doubt) My hand probably wont be best when all the cards are out.

I would have also lead out on flop 12ish.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold this PF because we're OOP. Is this standard?

On the flop, we still have the PFR yet to act, which cannot be discounted. If we aren't in bad shape to a set already, then the straight, flush and higher two pair draws threaten us heavily. The two PF cold callers waking up indicates set. Definitely do not call. On balance, I'd say fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think the preflop call is pushing it and I would call it standard. I wouldn't mind a 3-bet so much from the blind as a squeeze here, but I need a reason to call here, such as the original raiser stacks off too much or something. I don't think there is enough value in a call.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:46 AM

I think pre-flop is fine, closing the action 4-handed. I like to see flops though, so take it with a grain of salt.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think pre-flop is fine, closing the action 4-handed. I like to see flops though, so take it with a grain of salt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I misread HH, thought it was going to be 3 handed, 4 handed is probably ok
Old 07-04-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I need a reason to call here

[/ QUOTE ]A nice multi-way pot with 3 people in and we get to close the action? That's good enough for me. Sure I'd rather be in position and SCs don't play as well OOP, but I still there's value to be had here.

On the flop I check and then push after this action, but I guess I'm just spewy and bad. CO is your real worry here, as I think MP1's range consists of mostly overpairs, but CO's line looks like either a set or a big draw (which may have less outs against you than he thinks). The thing is, I think we can discount sets slightly because with you having paired the board twice there are less cards available for him to have made a set with.

Now if I had some reason to believe CO wouldn't do this with a draw, then I could find a fold here. (And since better players than I are suggesting a fold, a fold is likely in order [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

However, I don't understand why people are saying to lead this flop. This seems to be great for a c/r. You have a pf raiser who will often put in a bet, but if he doesn't you have two players who have overpairs a lot and will bet to protect their hands. Still, your hand is vulnerable so a c/r will end it quickly, or get it all in against a draw, which isn't a bad result for you.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:07 AM

One question to those saying to fold here- doesn't 22 play pretty much the same? Would you fold that?

I realize 22 is less vulnerable to straights and flushes because of a better redraw, but since we're getting it all anyway is that a big concern? Or put another way, if straights and flushes are our big concern here, wouldn't we be correct to get it in with either 22 or our two pair? And if sets were our big concern, wouldn't folding both hands be correct?
Old 07-04-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One question to those saying to fold here- doesn't 22 play pretty much the same? Would you fold that?

I realize 22 is less vulnerable to straights and flushes because of a better redraw, but since we're getting it all anyway is that a big concern? Or put another way, if straights and flushes are our big concern here, wouldn't we be correct to get it in with either 22 or our two pair? And if sets were our big concern, wouldn't folding both hands be correct?

[/ QUOTE ]
22 is a bigger favorite against big draws, and a far bigger favorite against overpairs. Also, 22 is itself a significant part of CO's range here. I'd get it in with 22 here, 65 is close, but I think it's a fold.