Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 04:14 AM

Default HUSNG--Graphs, PokerTracker, and programs questions

outline of this thread:

1. my sharkscope graphs--can you tell me if the info tells you anything useful? or is sharkscope just a neat tool to see how you're doing?

2. pokertracker--i currently don't use it and don't know much about it. since i play $5 and $10 buyin HUSNG at the moment, is it even worth it? is it a one time fee for the software or a subscription type thing? anything i should know about it?

3. other programs and statistical tools/record keepers i should know about? which ones should i get and why?

4. thank you

Here are some graphs:

Old 10-29-2007, 08:12 AM

Default Re: HUSNG--Graphs, PokerTracker, and programs questions

HU SnGs are probably the game which Pokertracker is least useful for - not saying its bad at all, but its not nearly as useful as if you were playing 6max or even HU Cash.

That said, if you can afford it, buy it. It does have its uses for analysing hands and generally guaging your own play.

For record keeping - if you use Stars then its super easy to record your wins and losses in PT (you can request tourney summaries to be emailed to you), but on other sites you need to manually enter the summary details which is pretty labour intensive.

I set up a spreadsheet which works all of that out for me and i pretty much just run it in the background entering a 1 or a 0 depending on my win or loss, it pretty much works out everything (ROI, win%, rakeback etc) except for my hourly rate, which i can calculate with PT working out how many games i average an hour.

As for Sharkscope, its a nice tool to take an overall view, but its not all that useful for analysis beyond your win/loss record and there is some question to its accuracy (or at least there was, it might have improved since then). I dont really use the site because i track my own details and its rare i can get any info on my opponant from the site which i cant work out within the first 5 minutes.

Pretty much all i can say is your winning, keep at it, grow your roll and move up - invest in PT at some point and in the meantime open up Excel or Open Office or something and create your own record keeping spreadsheet.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:12 AM

Tourney manager is a neat tool for SNGs. Sharkscope is good for searching bad opponents. Poker Tracker is good for everything else, not that good for SNGs. Spreadsheets will be your best bet until you can afford to buy some programs.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:27 AM

The most usefull part of PT is to analyze your game, and your opponents when done. With stars tracking is easy pretty much three clicks and you're done (though it's a little clunky).

Even though a hud isn't as useful for HU as it may be when massively multi-tabling. It is still nice to be able to see how often someone folds to a cbet, or makes one, basic aggression and raising stats, etc. Auto showing mucked cards is HUGE, imho. But the game is so dynamic you certainly aren't crippled without. Just realize some are using information you might not have. Poker Office has a nice HUD as well.

PT is a ontime buy. PO is a yearly subscription. Both are worth the money.

Mike
Old 10-29-2007, 12:49 PM

Sick streaks. Wow.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:27 PM

tourney manager is what you want.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:36 PM

thanks all.

sick streaks as in good or bad? lol
Old 10-30-2007, 01:49 AM