Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 08:03 PM

Default Fold your flush here on turn to raise by LOOSE player??

Villain is 44/5/3.7 in 400 hands. No real notes on him --most of this is just from pokertracker observing
tables.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $100
UTG+1: $16
MP1: $456.15
MP2: $101.60
CO: $98.50
Button: $36.40
Hero: $145.30
BB: $53.75

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $2</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($9, 4 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $4</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($25, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $15</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises all-in $450.15</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">

Hero ??? Clear fold? Comments appreciated.

Btw, does anybody call here pre-flop? I know the hand is junk, but I was getting 5 to 1 odds, and I felt like gambling a little.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Fold your flush here on turn to raise by LOOSE player??

Preflop is fine if you're feeling in control. It's also fine to fold.

This is a tough spot. It sure feels like he has a flush, as his drastic overbet shove is consistent with the weak-tight way of playing a "made hand" that's "vulnerable." A set (or maaaybe top 2 but I doubt it) could also shove here in this spot for that same reason.

Thing is, your flush isn't that tiny. You beat all the 98s type hands that are much more likely for MP2 than Jxs or Qxs. So that leaves Axs as the real threat. But this type of player normally won't make this overbet with the nuts...

I call here. Tougher spot if you're 300 BB's deep, but I still think he's much more likely to have a smaller flush than a larger one.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Fold your flush here on turn to raise by LOOSE player??

Yeah I call too. I agree with aragorn's thoughts. Beyond that, in a vacuum I've often noticed a weird tendency of players to make this sort of bet with hands like sets and two pair. It appears they think "Oh crap I bet too little and may have let him hit a flush. What do I do? MAKE UP FOR LOST BETTING. And they overbet. In balance, especially considering most players won't overbet with the big flush in fear of losing you, I think you have a call here. Good luck.

deznuts