Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Heroes Bitching Thread, 10/8/2007

[ QUOTE ]
The flying kid - said the man with Horned rimmed glasses, aka the dude with the Midas touch , not Claire's dad.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. HRG = Noah Bennett.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He didnt seem to fit the body type of whatever was killing the elders...so I think like 10%

[/ QUOTE ]

Although the one thing we know about the guy killing the elders is he fell off a roof and survived...

[/ QUOTE ]

Flying kid could have done this as well. Something fishy about him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flying kid flew across the country and back? And he knows these people? I mean, obviously the actor is like 30, but he's supposed to be in his teens. Where did he have the time to meet and learn about these people? And really, flying isn't exactly a great power for an assassin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flying Kid could definitely fly across the country, and flying seems like a great power for an assassin. However I agree that it is super unlikely that the kid is sinister in any way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not questioning flying across the country in back so much as the time span he would have to do it in and presumably get some sleep before school
Old 10-09-2007, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt Kensei lives hundreds of years to kill Hiro's dad. That plot is too weird and makes him too powerful, plus it seems out of character. Plus Ando has Kensei's sword.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weird is good. How is regeneration at even that extreme level (which is still less than Wolverine in X-Men) comparable to Peter, Hiro or Sylar's powers?????? As for the sword, what does that matter? Maybe he decided after a couple hundred years he didn't want it anymore and gave it away or sold it. Hell, maybe it was stolen 200 years ago. Also, it could be as simple as changing his identify due to the whole not aging thing. Carrying around your trademark sword isn't a good way to change identities.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The flying kid - said the man with Horned rimmed glasses, aka the dude with the Midas touch , not Claire's dad.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Claire's dad is known as HRG or Horned Rimmed Glasses. Hell, I don't even know his actual name.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So I suppose Chekov will be the next guest star on this show?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but not until an episode or two after Uhura's character dies.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Claire's dad is known as HRG or Horned Rimmed Glasses. Hell, I don't even know his actual name.

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing that bothered me was the fact that he saw him when Claire nearly ran him over, didn't he?
Old 10-09-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing that bothered me was the fact that he saw him when Claire nearly ran him over, didn't he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the reason i say its the other dude is because Claire's pops wheres rimless glasses while the guy who works for the company actually wheres Horned Rimed glasses DUCY?
Old 10-09-2007, 10:58 AM

Huh? all last season mister bennett was known as HRG, or horn rimmed glasses.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:03 AM

The only good part was the bit between flying boy and Claire when she realized about her dad.

Everything else was [censored] awful.

YAY A FLYING SCENE LIKE IN SUPERMAN BUT WITH [censored] EFFECTS.

THE SISTER IS DEATH THE BROTHER IS LIFE HOW ORIGINAL.

The Hiro stuff is sooo painful.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:05 AM

HRG = Noah Bennett

Fat Illusion Girl is dead, and Sylar has her powers, but he has The Virus, which is rendering his powers ineffective, much as it did to Molly before the Magical Mohinder Blood Cure.

They seem to be making a more concerted effort to make this a 24 hour "episode," rather than 24 discrete episodes with an defined "story arc." They did this last year, of course, but last years episodes seemed more self-contained, while this year's seem less so (this may be because I started last year in August and watched all within a two-week period, so YMMV). Still, I think a more "episodic" approach would help the show.

Also, as much as I like the Peter and Sylar characters, I agree that they are too powerful, and that killing them off would have made the show better. American television seems unwilling, for the most part, to kill off characters and introduce new ones. Knowing that major characters will live reduces the tension of the show dramatically. I mean, I was happy to see Parkman, because I kinda like that big pussy and hope he will develop some balls..., but he really should be dead.