Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: 2 Basketball question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think these crappy D1 and D3 teams would beat a WNBA team and I'm not entirely convinced that they would beat the best womens college teams either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Head asplode. I think any guys college team from a school with more than about 100 guys could beat the WNBA HOFers in their prime.

Bob, you really think that a WOMEN'S D1 team could beat even the shittiest men's D1 team?

[/ QUOTE ]

taraz makes some good points.

Maybe not the very worst of the D1 teams.
But I've strolled by some crazily bad D3 or NAIA or whatever type games where I think the tallest player was 6'1" and nobody could freaking play at all.
I think a decently organized womens NCAA team with a good 6'6" center would have a shot and certainly a WNBA team.

Wasn't there some NAIA mens game a year ot two ago with some team that lost 170-12 or something while the winning team was just draining 3 after 3?
I'm thinking teams that are bad enough to lose by THAT much could also be bad enough to lose to a womens team.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the only college teams I can think of in recent memory that would have a chance at beating the worst NBA team would be UNLV's title team of Larry Johnson, Stacey Augmon and Anderson Hunt because they were basically a paid pro team in college uniforms anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anderson Hunt never made the pros, Augmon and Greg Anthony weren't all that good, and their center was George Ackles. They would have gotten destroyed by any NBA team at the time.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1)How many male basketball players would be good enough to be in the top 10 of female basketball players?

[/ QUOTE ]

I firmly believe any decent boys high school team would destroy the WNBA all-stars, so I'd put the number in the hundreds of thousands, maybe millions.

[ QUOTE ]
2)Milwaukee Bucks vs Florida ,NCAA rules, what would be the final score?

[/ QUOTE ]

100-70 sounds about right. Florida is not close to any NBA team.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) - Alot of them. Probably the entire NBA, NBA-DL, any other US basketball association (like the CBA), all European/Asian professional teams, the top college prospects. I could go on but you get the idea.

2) - Which Florida team? The team that won back to back titles or who they have now? You want the game played under NCAA rules? That doesn't bode well for Florida since the three-point line would be 3-4 feet in. That'd be like a midrange jumper for Redd.

If I had to guess, I'd say:

Back-to-back National Champion Gators: Bucks- 95, Gators- 70
This year's Gators: Bucks- 100, Gators- 60

The difference between an NBA team and a college team with several NBA prospects is huge. Just the physical difference alone.

One of the only college teams I can think of in recent memory that would have a chance at beating the worst NBA team would be UNLV's title team of Larry Johnson, Stacey Augmon and Anderson Hunt because they were basically a paid pro team in college uniforms anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

That UNLV team was awesome; the Duke team (Laettner-G. Hill-T. Hill-Davis-Hurley) that beat them was better.

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet neither would beat come terribly close to beating an NBA team.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, and I still have wet dreams about these guys.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think these crappy D1 and D3 teams would beat a WNBA team and I'm not entirely convinced that they would beat the best womens college teams either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Head asplode. I think any guys college team from a school with more than about 100 guys could beat the WNBA HOFers in their prime.

Bob, you really think that a WOMEN'S D1 team could beat even the shittiest men's D1 team?

[/ QUOTE ]

taraz makes some good points.

Maybe not the very worst of the D1 teams.
But I've strolled by some crazily bad D3 or NAIA or whatever type games where I think the tallest player was 6'1" and nobody could freaking play at all.
I think a decently organized womens NCAA team with a good 6'6" center would have a shot and certainly a WNBA team.

Wasn't there some NAIA mens game a year ot two ago with some team that lost 170-12 or something while the winning team was just draining 3 after 3?
I'm thinking teams that are bad enough to lose by THAT much could also be bad enough to lose to a womens team.

[/ QUOTE ]

This type of thread comes up so often, and every time I wish there was some way to show just how bad the WNBA players are. They suck horribly and there's no way in hell they could ever beat any men's college team at any level. I'm serious, they are that bad.

The best women's player ever (Cheryl Miller) would have never made a Div. I men's team ever.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anderson Hunt never made the pros

[/ QUOTE ]

Came out early and went undrafted, I believe. Shame, that.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:27 PM

drew - i'm not saying she would have made a D1 mens team.

Have you ever seen a really small college team with zero skill play? I'm not talking about a half-decent college team. I'm talking about a BAD team. The kind of team that would lose to a decent high-school team.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:30 PM

I've seen Div. III basketball games and I am certain that those teams would destroy the WNBA all-stars. Most Div. III athletes are solid "B" or "C" level athletes who played in high school but weren't good enough to rate a look by the big schools.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:35 PM

I'm not talking about half-decent D3 teams.
I'm talking about the type of team that loses a lot and loses badly.

There are BAD small-college teams too.
There are teams where some players didn't even play in high-school.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:38 PM

I don't know... I covered the Texas women's team for three years and I am 100% positive that my old fat ass could have picked up 4 other fat 35-year olds and beat them easily. They could not beat the managers of the team, just random college guys, in pickup games.

I'm sure if you looked hard enough, you could find a shittass college team that the WNBA all-stars could beat. I still think there are hundreds of thousands of men better than the 10 best women's players.